|Date Posted:||Mar 22, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 15, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received a grant from the World Bank for the Afghanistan Second Skills Development Project (ASDPII). The project aims to improve the quality and relevance in the formal TVET system in priority trades by supporting delivery of priority trades, operationalization of lead institutes, teacher policy development and implementation, curriculum reform, upgrading TVET Teacher competencies. Teacher assessment, international in-service training and domestic in-service training.
The objective of this assignment is to:
- Establish an effective results-based M&E system for the project;
- Create a culture of evidenced-based decision-making within the Project Management Unit (PMU);
- Ensure that the results-based M&E system is strengthened and leads to improved accountability at all levels within the PMU and beneficiaries;
- Improve the oversight responsibilities and accountability within the PMU and beneficiaries through adoption of international management practices;
- Build the capacity of all beneficiaries of the project to collect, collate, analyze, and disseminate information based on results.
Requires travel to provinces:
1. Strong quantitative and qualitative skills.
2. Ability to design templates for data collection and analyze data
3. Understanding of monitoring and evaluation concepts, tools, methods, and strategies.
4. Proven ability to undertake program/project evaluations.
5. Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with project stakeholders/beneficiaries.
6. Proven leadership ability and a team player.
7. Should be able to work with very little supervision and should be results oriented.
8. Should be thoroughly familiar with statistical packages and should have experience in using Microsoft office software.
9. Strong report writing and analytical skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior M&E Specialist will be responsible for data collection, collating, analysis, and reporting. S/he will work in close collaboration with beneficiaries and will support the Project Director to develop appropriate M&E processes and reporting mechanisms for the PDO outcomes, intermediate results and DLIs. Responsibilities will include the following:
· Work closely with persons responsible for M&E within each beneficiary agency to collect, analyze, and consolidate data as well as verify the internal consistency and validity of data submitted by the beneficiary agencies.
· Establish a performance tracking system for all beneficiary agencies and ASDP II staff to institute an early warning system that identifies and addresses implementation bottlenecks.
· Work with MIS Focal Point to develop and maintain an MIS system within TVET-A MIS that tracks progress in all project components, ensuring that implementation targets are met and shared with stakeholders.
· Coordinate the compilation of project baseline and comparison data to assess project results in relation to the baseline and targets.
· Assist in the design of the project Dashboard and Portal that will manage the project data and information and keep track of information flows to reflect the progress made on Results Framework and DLIs.
· Oversee the arrangements for results monitoring including a mid- term evaluation and an end-of-project evaluation.
· Provide training to beneficiaries on M&E approaches and tools to improve their capacity to implement effective M&E activities.
· Prepare monthly report as well as performance evaluation matrix based on DLIs progress
Update the progress made against the PDO and the Intermediate Results Indicators periodically as per the frequency agreed in the ASDP II Restructuring Paper
The outputs for this assignment are:
- An overall monitoring and evaluation coordination plan with manuals, systems, procedures, tools, database, flow charts for data collection and reporting with clear specification of roles and responsibilities of the ASDP and beneficiary agencies;
- Project performance reports mapped to targets of Results Framework and DLIs to be used for decision-making
- A project management dashboard updated monthly.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
At least a Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration and/or Statistics with 5 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree with 7 years of experience.
Interested Afghan candidates are requested to send their CVs via e-mail:
HR Department for development Projects
Afghanistan Second Skills Development Project (ASDPII)
Address: TVET Authority, Dehbori, behind of Music School, Kabul, Afghanistan
Note 1: The applicants have mention the vacancy number in the subject line of their Email. Otherwise, their application may not be considered.
Note 2: Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply