|Date Posted:||May 1, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 1, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of AMELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
The Senior Monitoring Manager is responsible for overseeing project monitoring and verification activities, and the training of local Afghan staff to collect data on the impact of USAID funded projects. Familiarity with evaluation methodologies will be considered an additional asset. The position requires travel throughout Afghanistan, subject to security considerations.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist in the development of a USAID portfolio-wide monitoring and verification (M&V) plan including the specific parameters of site visits, asset verification, and data collection for each of the selected USAID projects and associated geographic sites;
· Implement the M&V plan through overseeing and/or participating in site visits to capture and analyze data in a timely and accurate manner;
· As requested by USAID, conduct assessments and studies of project impact;
· Carry out baseline surveys before projects begin, followed by periodic surveys to track progress;
· Collect public opinion information on views and impact of work performed through the projects;
· Train and supervise local staff to complete M&V work at project sites;
· Provide feedback to USAID managers on project shortcomings and recommendations for improving project implementation and impact;
· Work with USAID officials to improve M&V systems where site visits find deficiencies.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Graduate level degree, or commensurate practical experience.
· A minimum of seven (7) years of substantive experience in managing the M&V needs and activities associated with development projects in complex environments, ideally including Afghanistan;
· Willingness and ability to visit project sites in the insecure operating environments throughout Afghanistan;
· Knowledge of USAID performance monitoring guidelines and rules (ADS 203);
· Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability, and ideally working knowledge of local languages.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.