|Date Posted:||Oct 17, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Nov 3, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||2 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanistan Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (ATRA) is the independent regulator of the telecom sector. It is responsible for implementing the Telecommunications Sector Policy and enforcing the provisions of the Telecom Law. ATRA strives to create an enabling environment for the private sector to invest in developing telecom and Internet infrastructure and services. ATRA aims to achieve an enabling private sector-backed telecom market and services in Afghanistan through creating and enforcing regulations, applying standards, providing universal access to the services, regulating the market, overseeing and fostering competition in the telecom market-- all in a non-discriminatory and transparent manner. ATRA works closely with its stakeholders, the private sector, government entities and end-users and telecom services recipients to improve the level playing field in the telecom and Internet domains in Afghanistan.
ATRA through its contractor is developing a Realtime Data Management System (RTDMS) in order to ensure transparency on 10% TSF (telecom service fee) collection and telecom sector revenue. The Senior Network Engineer is a key team member at ATRA’s RTDMS team who will manage its network and relevant infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Design of IP Addressing Plan (IPV4 & IPV6), VLAN and Subnetting.
● LAN Switching configuration and troubleshooting (LACP, STP, 802.1Q, VTP), Voice IP, Wireless, QoS, Multicast and DHCP
● Radius, NAC and 802.1X configuration and troubleshooting
● Routing protocols configuration and troubleshooting: Static Routing Protocol, RIPV-1, RIPV-2, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, IPSec / GRE and MPLS
● Configuration and troubleshooting of Load Balancing protocols (HSRP / VRRP / GLBP)
● Configuration and troubleshooting of Policy Based Routing, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization.
● the RTDMS network infrastructure needs.
● Liaising with the security team to design and continuously enhance the network security.
● Monitor, manage and maintain the overall integrity and health of the network.
● Implement and configure a different QoS level on RTDMS routers / switches.
● Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
● Good knowledge of Linux operating system (Centos, Ubuntu) especially in network services application setup such as Syslog, RADIUS, VIP, etc.
● Provides support to employees or coordinating parties for relative to networking issues and technology.
● Deep Health check of all servers.
● Provide recommendations for performance sizing and tuning of Unix/Linux software.
● Plan, install, configure, and optimize hardware and software for Unix/Linux systems in support of disability and entitlement imaging systems operational and architectural activities. Make changes to maintain compliance.
● Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve problems using DELL Open Mange Essential application for problem tracking and reporting.
● Ensuring that networks, remote connections and virtual environments are properly maintained and available.
● Responsible for operating and maintaining the network storage array infrastructure and associated operating systems and management tools.
● Responsible for operations of the day-to-day management activities of the storage array systems.
● Manage administer and monitor health of the backup and storage infrastructure in various datacenters (PR&DR).
● Any other related task assigned by the supervisor.
● The candidate must be a minimum Bachelor Degree holder, Master’s Preferred, in Information Technology, Computer Science or any other related field.
● Must have 4 years working experience with Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2 Years with Master’s in a relevant field.
● 4 years’ experience working with layer 2 protocols such as, STP, VRRP, HSRP, GLBP.
● 4 years working with layer 3 protocols such as TCP and UDP.
● Extensive knowledge and experience of routing protocols mainly OSPF and EIGRP.
● Must have extensive knowledge of local area and metropolitan area wireless network technologies.
● Must have proven experience in network administration.
● Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, virtualization, content delivery, and caching
● Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems
● Creating volumes, assigning to servers and remote replication
● experience in Unix/Linux system administrator, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL 7).
● experience of using DELL iDrac Application Server managing and supporting enterprise applications.
● experience of using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) to manage logical volumes or file systems.
● Bash Scripting to automate daily OS level tasks, monitoring
● Perl Scripting to automate daily OS level tasks, monitoring
● Good knowledge of Linux operating systems (Centos, Ubuntu) especially in network services application setup such as Syslog, RADIUS, VIP, etc.
● Strong technical and organizational skills.
● Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and with written documentation.
● Should be result oriented, be comfortable with problem solving and be proactive
● Positive attitude to working in a team
● Should have a strong aptitude for Stress management and be flexible with schedule.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
● All applications (CVs and cover letters) should be submitted via email to: email@example.com Please, clearly indicate on the subject line the title of the position. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
● The deadline for submission of the application is: November 03, 2020