|Date Posted:||May 13, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 24, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Hardware|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 6 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of communication and IT:
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT), Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received Grant from the World Bank for execution of Digital CASA Afghanistan Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds to hire a qualified Individual Consultant (an Afghan National) to work as Senior Network Infrastructure Specialist of the project and to carry out relevant procurement capacity building in MCIT.
This Consultancy support will be provided to MCIT at Kabul, under the Digital CASA Afghanistan Project.
The aim of the Digital CASA Afghanistan Project is: (i) to strengthen the Regional and expand National level broadband connectivity based on Optical Fiber Networks; (ii) to boost up digital society and economy through e-Governance initiatives and (iii) to prepare an enabling environment and Regulation for the growth of ICT Sector in Afghanistan. The project will do so by: (a) strengthening of broadband connectivity in the region; (b) expansion and strengthening of national broadband connectivity in Afghanistan; (c) Commissioning of a Network called “GovNet” to connect some of the Government Offices at Central and Provincial Government levels; (d) Automation of citizen-centric services through e-Governance initiatives; (e) Automation of e-Governance mechanisms and strengthening of e-Delivery Platforms; (f) framing up of Regulations, Policies, Strategies and Policies for growth of ICT Sector.
To contribute towards achievement of some of the above mentioned objectives of Digital CASA
Afghanistan Project, MCIT has decided to avail the consultancy services of an Individual Consultant to work as Senior Network Infrastructure Specialist in the team.
- The Specialist will assist MCIT in protecting system boundaries, keeping computer system and network devices hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive data.
- The Specialist along with the relevant technical department of MCIT, will ensure that the implemented systems meet the technical standards defined in contracts of the selected firms.
Requires travel to provinces:
· International Certification CCNP or CCIE (Routing and Switching) from Cisco is required. A certificate reference-number shall be provided for cross-check. An additional International Certification in CCNP (Security) will be an advantage.
· Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering etc.
· Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
· Experience of working in a World Bank funded project is desirable.
· Fluency in English and in one of the official languages of Afghanistan (Dari or Pashto) and good reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
· Proven inter-personal skills;
· High integrity and accountability, leadership and good team work spirit.
· Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review technical specifications, BOQ and other technical documents submitted by the consultancy firms for enhancement/expansion of:
- Government Cloud Computing Infrastructure
- Data Center Recovery Site
- Common Digital Service Enablers
- Other relevant projects implemented by Digital CASA Project
- Prepare/propose designs for network infrastructure installations;
- Prepare/propose network security infrastructure design & implementation strategy.
- Review the technical design and specifications for the expansion of Internet Exchange Points in Afghanistan and recommend the necessary changes.
- Review the hardware, software and capacity building needs for the enhancement of Afghanistan Cyber Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Be the technical lead for the implementation & oversight of the following consultancy projects:
- Technical feasibility study for the expansion of Internet Exchange of Afghanistan
- Technical feasibility study for the expansion of Government Network (GovNet) in 25 provincial cities/centers of Afghanistan, and the Pre-Purchase of International Internet Bandwidth under IRU Contract.
- Technical Feasibility Study for the enhancement of Government Cloud Computing Infrastructure and the Data Center Disaster Recovery Site.
- Be the technical lead for the implementation & oversight of the following main implementation projects:
- Expansion of Internet Exchange Points
- Expansion of Government Network (GovNet) in 25 provincial cities/centers of Afghanistan
- Enhancement of Government Cloud Computing Infrastructure and DRDC
- Enhancement of Afghanistan CERT
- Assist in proper management of Internet Bandwidth distribution among government institutions.
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing concepts – virtualization, networking, storage, etc.
- Provide technical assessments of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Develop and update business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Communicate and collaborate with analysts from other organizations to investigate cyber events.
- Technical Advice for the procurement of network/information-security equipment for the project.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the contractors’ Network Infrastructure and Security teams.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Any other tasks assigned by the project director of Digital CASA project.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Cyber Security or IT/Computer Engineering fields.
· At least 5 years of relevant experience in Network Infrastructure Installation and Maintenance.