|Date Posted:||Jul 10, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 15, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghanistan International Bank:
Afghanistan International Bank (Incorporated in March 2004) is the first private bank in the country promoted by Asian Development Bank (ADB) and some of the prominent business houses of the country headquartered at Kabul. Within 15 years of commencing business the Bank has grown rapidly throughout the country. AIB believes in developing its people through continuous investment in training and giving larger opportunities to those who grow with the bank. With professional management team ensuring high standards of corporate governance and a professional work environment where every manager is committed to train and develop his people is what makes AIB an employer of choice.
To provide assistance in Plan, conduct, draft reports, review, finalization and follow up Internal Audit and Investigation work as per instructions of Internal Audit Management, following the Audit Procedure Manual and other Legal and regulatory requirements from time to time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning, conducting, writing / review of reports from draft to final stage
- Preparation of Audit Programs for conducting the branch and other audits in addition to keeping it up to date with the changes in the procedures and regulations
- Managing the junior auditors when part of the audit / investigation team being led by the Senior Auditor
- Arranging for close out meetings before issuance of final audit report
- Reviewing of the current Procedures and Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) of different departments of the bank, Contracts, Undertakings, Memorandum of Understandings and other documents to ensure compliance with the banking and accounting practices followed by Bank, which are also in line with current laws and regulations of the country.
- Coordinating with different departments relevant for planning, conducting and closure of audit reports
- Providing risk rating of the processes and function for advise to Head of Audit
- Assist in providing support to the Internal Audit’s day-to-day operations under supervision of Head of Audit Department.
- Assist in reviewing the audit manual and report, court changes in procedure in systems and amendments in various regulations.
- Translate documents to English as required by Head of Internal Audit Department,
- Other duties related to Internal Audit Department.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Banking and Finance or equivalent from an accredited university, (priority shall be given to applicants with an ACA/ ACCA).
Must be familiar with the Banking System of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, specifically Knowledge of Banking Law and Practices, Other Regulations related to Corporate and Banking Sector of the country
Audit certifications such as CIA, CISA, CFE desirable
Basic knowledge of Administration, and Statistics
Good in communication (written and spoken) to clarify complex information in a way that is easily understood by all
Problem Solving, Research and investigative skills required. Capable of recognizing patters, observe discrepancies, trends, and interrelationship of data, develops practical solutions within the approved parameters,
Computer literate and fluent in both written and spoken English and one of the languages (i.e. Dari or Pashto),
Understanding of Banking and Regulations, the applicant should also have ability to identify potential risk areas and appropriately assist Assistant Audit Manager, as needed,
Ability to review and understand complex banking transactions and analyze risks associated with the transaction, processes followed and action taken,
Knowledge of Audit Principles. Audit Techniques, Audit Approach, Audit Planning, Audit Programs
Applicant should be proficient in use of IT applications and systems including but not limited to familiarity with Microsoft Office,
Proven ability to meet stringent deadlines and adapt to changing priorities, operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Excellence in drafting; ability to present information in written and oral form clearly and effectively,
Ability to define problems and collect relevant information and apply relevant legal principles to relevant factual situations
Team player, builds team spirit, acts to promote a friendly climate within Internal Audit, good Morale, Conflict resolution, co-operation with peers
Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in banking, auditing (in financial Sector) with special emphasis on Risk Analysis), Drafting and Legal Analysis (preferably in Financial Institutions).