|Date Posted:||Jul 29, 2020|
|Reference:||Senior Operation Officer|
|Closing Date:||Aug 8, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Public Health:
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) is tasked with a critical mandate; To deliver and promote sustainable and accessible health care services to the people of Afghanistan. Social and economic advancement can only be realized in a thriving and healthy society.
The success of the MoPH is heavily driven in its ability to plan and use allocated resources effectively. Effective financial management is therefore critical for sustainable development and is the primary tool that translates the MoPH development strategies into noticeable outcomes or service delivery. Good governance and democratic accountability relies on transparent management of the MoPH budget. Therefore, ineffective financial management undermines the effectiveness and efficiency of development interventions and hinders the country’s progress towards improved and sustainable health care. MoPH finance directorate is going through a reform process and after reviewing the structure of finance directorates of other line ministries such as MRRD, MoE and MAIL, has proposed a new and standard structure that is approved by MoPH leadership, for this purpose MoPH needs a qualified staff as head of coordination and reporting unite, to take the responsibility of overall coordination and financial reporting of MoPH.
Effective implementation of day to day operations is extremely important for the success of the Co. finance Grants in Afghanistan to fulfill the requirement of the donor. In particular, the projects will have a strong emphasis on managing the resources which are dedicated to the delivery of the services critical to the achievement of the results targets of the Grants and the MoPH. The Senior Operations Officer will be responsible for assisting the GF co. finance Grants to maintain and implement sound operations systems, where operations management is a fundamental part of any organization
Duties & Responsibilities:
Support the finance, IT, admin/HR and procurement management. The Senior Operations Officer of the of the co. finance grant assists in managing specific financial and procurement activities, budgeting and planning functions and financial reporting, and IT support. This position will be reported to the GF co. finance grant program specialist and CDC directorate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Operations Officer of the Global Fund co. finance grants will be responsible for the implementation of the project operation management strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic goals.
• Implement an appropriate system of policies, internal finance controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
• Plan, coordinate the annual budget with GFCU.
• Improve and manage the project operations in the regions (provinces)
• Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organization’s mission specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, project process and organizational planning.
• Bring effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (Procurement, Logistics, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
• Develop individual program budgets of ATM and share it with GFCU Senior Finance and Operations Manager for approval
• Organize fiscal documents.
• Hold regular meetings with top management around fiscal planning.
• Responsible for providing full support to overall procurement activities
• Collect all the procurement documents from provinces, check the accuracy and provide feedback if any.
• Provide all the procurement documents to GFCU officially and follow it up to the last stage of payment to supplier.
• Assisting in the preparation of Procurement progressive report to MOPH procurement department and GFCU.
• Supporting the Evaluation Committees
• Planning the annual budgeting and planning process for the organization's annual budget with the top management of ATM and GFCU.
• Develop the details assumption for each budget activities and share them with GFCU Senior Finance and Operations Manager for approval.
• Managing and monitoring the project expenditure; And monitoring the project payroll and staff establishment among other operational duties.
• Assisting the top management in creating annual organizational budget
• Assist the top management in any Financial Planning and implementation
• Manage, plan, supervise, and control overall financial management activities related to the program in ATM and provincial level.
• Working closely with GFCU regarding the smooth implementation of the co. finance grant in line with the government rules and regulations.
• Facilitating essential and necessary trainings and workshops of the projects in order to keep them update with changes in financial procedures of MoPH, MoF and GFCU.
• Any other tasks assigned by his/her supervisor
• Report any mismanagement and misuse of the funds and assets to the management.
· HR, Administration and IT
• Provide full support to the admin and HR of the project.
• Responsible for the trouble shooting and all IT related support.
• Any other task assigned by supervisor
· Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Any Bachelor Degree but Preferred to the Economic, Business Administration.
• At least 5 years relevant experience in area of operations or finance or procurement previous experience in on-budget donor funded development project or in the public sector would be an advantage.
· Professional Competencies:
• Ability to speak, read and write excellent English Dari and Pashto, and produce project reports in English for regular and continuous presentations
• Ability to work with and be a partner of a team of diverse backgrounds
• Ability to work efficiently, and to meet deadlines.
• Ability to function effectively in a team environment inspiring trust and cooperation of other team members
• Strong communication, negotiating skills and good interpersonal relations
• Good quantitative skills and computer literate.
· Core Competencies:
• Good knowledge of local administrative, budgetary and financial practices
• Effective human resource management skills
• Effective Project Management Skills
• Effective Financial Management & Administration Skills
• Effective Core Budget projects knowledge
• Good Knowledge of Procurement and Logistics Management
• Ability to work in crises management
• Effective organizational and administrative skills
• Good knowledge of employment and economic development issues
• Be able to communicate effectively both in the written and oral modes
• Be culturally sensitive and possess good interpersonal skills
• Be a self-starter and be able to work without supervision
• Be well organized, reliable and able to deliver quality outcomes on time
• Possess critical thinking and analytical skills