|Date Posted:||May 7, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 22, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS) is a self-sufficient and independent corporation established under Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’s Joint Stock and Limited liability corporations’ act. This corporation changed legal entity and replaced Da Afghanistan Breshna Mosesa (Afghanistan electricity company), as a national electricity corporation on 15th of Sawr 1387 SH, in accordance with May 04, 2008. Da Afghanistan Breshan sherkat (DABS) commercially manages generation, import, transmission and distribution of the power electricity across the country.
The Senior Portfolio Coordinator will assist the Director and lead the Projects related staff for Financial Issues under the overall guidance and supervision of the PMO Director
Requires travel to provinces:
· Excellent computer skills for Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and Internet use;
· Abilities to represent the organization in national and international levels;
· Fluency in English is a must, with excellent written and oral communication skills;
· High-level interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with persons of various cultures;
· Ability to Maintain effective collaboration and partnerships with organs of Government and Government Agencies, Provincial Governments, International Organizations, the Private Sector and other Stakeholders;
· Ability to Liaison with Donor agencies;
· Ability and willingness to work in a high-pressure environment;
· Ability and willingness to multi-task and work under pressure;
Professional in appearance and demeanor
Duties & Responsibilities:
·Follow up on processing all payments through cash flow and carry out monthly bank reconciliation.
·Follow up on staff payroll, preparing monthly payroll and submitting the concerned documents to relevant departments for the timely disbursement of salaries to the project staff.
·Contributing to the development and maintenance of financial systems and processes.
·Ensuring that all transactions with the Ministry of Finance including, but not limited to, allotments, expenditures and revenues are reconciled with the DABS Department of Finance and the Ministry of Finance.
·Ensuring financial accounts and procedures for the implementation of project are maintained properly and in timely manner.
· Maintaining statistics and ensuring availability of funds
· Developing and maintaining records for all incomes and expenditures.
· Prepare monthly and annual financial reports. Control budgets and report on any variations. Alert the project manager on any shortfall, overspent and inappropriate execution rate.
· Monitor financial issues and provide regular updates to the project management regarding their progress.
· Update all stakeholders with required financial information within line of authorization.
· Participate in the hiring of project staff of the DABS.
· Supervises related PMO staff and local or international short-term consultants working for the project;
· Extensive Travel within and outside Afghanistan maybe required.
· Establishing scope of authority, clear lines of communication and reporting and specific individuals who will interact directly with the stakeholders.
· Establishment control mechanism for approval of payments.
· Assisting in audit procedures
· Participating on behalf of the Director in all Financial related meetings
· Identifying potential problems and solutions
To carry out other tasks as entrusted by the PMO Director.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor with 5 years’ experience in the field of Business Administration, Finance, Economics or other related fields,
- Work experience with international organizations such as, WB, JICA, USAID or other is desirable.
Good understanding of the relevant standards and norms relevant to the works