|Date Posted:||Sep 5, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 19, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Transport (MOT):
The Ministry of Transport (MoT) is implementing various road projects in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. For implementation of the projects funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), a Program Management Office (PMO) of MoT willing to handle implementation related tasks that would include (a) procurement civil works and consultants’ services, (b) monitor the progress of day-to-day project implementation, (c) accord various approvals including approval for variations, extension of time, (including obtaining approvals of the donors,.), etc., (d) prepare progress reports (e) prepare withdrawal applications for disbursement, (f) maintain project accounts and complete loan financial records for auditing and (g) ensure compliance with various Loan and Grant covenants, etc
To assist procurement team of PMO and work along with Head of Procurement and with the, Asian Development Bank Funded projects team and project Managers.
Requires travel to provinces:
Prospective Senior Procurement Officer should have comprehensive understanding of ADB’s procurement and Consultant recruitment guidelines, procedures, Experience in handling procurement of civil works, and management and consultant’s services, preferably for road projects funded by the multi-lateral agencies. The ideal candidate should have a thorough understanding of procurement policies of the donors and the procurement law of the Government of Afghanistan.
Management and team leadership ability
Have the required skills in general management
Writing and communication ability in professional and related area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following tasks to be undertaken by the Senior Procurement Officer:
1. To assist procurement team of PMO and work along with the Procurement Senior and Head of Procurement and with the, Asian Development Bank Funded projects team and project Managers .
2. Identify the most appropriate procurement approach and packaging of the assignments.
3. Preparation REOI/ RFP/SBD and Shopping documents of commercial aspects.
Coordinate with all relevant department to have the Technical specifications documents, Employers Requirements etc. and to compile the Bidding documents for submission to Review and NOL for ADB.
4. The Senior Procurement Officer shall provide overall procurement guidance and support during the bidding/selection process using the Government of Afghanistan and Donors standard Procurement Guidelines
5. Follow up with the respective departments of PMO on processes to ensure compliance with Government of Afghanistan and Donors procurement requirements.
6. Consult with the engineers and NPA in all aspects of the procurement system, bidding documents and procurement plan review and revision.
7. Co-ordinate with Evaluation Committee members for completing the TER & FER for approval of MOT management
8. Corresponded with the Bidders for clarifications on the Procurement related activities.
9. Preparation of Notification of Award, draft Contract Agreement as per the Government of Afghanistan and Donors templates and submission to NPA for obtaining NOL from ADB.
10. Preparing the letters and Mail to the donors for obtaining NOL,
11. Preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports and submission to PMO management.
12. Representing PMO to consult closely with the Asian Development Bank’s procurement team.
13. Assist Evaluation committees and Purchasing committees for overall documentation / document preparation.
Organizing and having proper filling system of all procurement
Any Other duties as assigned by the line manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
The Senior Procurement Officer should having at least Bachelor’s degree with 5 years’ experience in Procurement, Economy, Business Administration, Engineering and any other related studies.