|Date Posted:||Jul 14, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 23, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||5 month(s)|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
About National Skills Development Program (NSDP):
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) is a National Priority Program (NPP) established after the April 2004 Berlin announcement made by H.E. President Karzai. The overall goal of the NSDP is to contribute to the socio-economic recovery of Afghanistan through building a national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system which is responsive to labor market needs and which provides Afghans with the knowledge and skills for decent work.
The NSDP has a Steering Committee consists of 9 relevant Ministries with the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, (MOLSA) designated as a lead Ministry. The NSDP operates as a self-contained entity as a National Priority Program of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan; mainly financed from the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the Ministry of Finance, and the World Bank and other funding agencies.
The scope of duties of the Senior Procurement officer will cover all the activities related to the procurement of all goods and services under the NSDP in general. Specifically, the duties will involve managing and overseeing the contracts and being responsible for all aspects of procurement of the various procured/ contracted entities from initial marshalling of the documentation to the procurement management process and the completion and disposition of the contract file. He/she will work under the overall responsibilities of Procurement Expert and in close consultation with the NSDP technical teams and the NSDP/ MoLSA Finance Units.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all the procurement activities of the project conform to, and are compliant with, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan laws and Donor Agencies Procurement Guidelines;
- Providing planning and management oversight for all procurement activities for NSDP including the continuation of the development of national staff capacity;
- Preparing bidding documents for the procurement of works, goods and services in accordance with activities defined in the Procurement Plan for the program;
- Preparing bid/proposal evaluation reports and award recommendations for approval by the Procurement Committee;
- Preparing Contracts for approval by the Procurement Committee and the Competent Authority;
- Providing critical procurement advice to the Procurement Committee on commercial aspects of Terms of Reference (TOR) and Request for Proposals (RFPs), evaluation of Expression of Interest (EOI) and Technical and Financial Proposals for selection of consultants and services;
- Initiating, coordinating, and preparing updated Procurement Plans (PPs) and Procurement Activity Schedules (PAS) in consultation with the NSDP Procurement Committee and NSDP Senior Management according to the latest needs, developments and progress of the project;
- Initiating, coordinating, and preparing updates to the NSDP Procurement Manual as directed by the Procurement Committee for submission to the Donor Agencies for approval;
- Establishing a comprehensive monitoring system to track progress including a procurement reporting capability;
- Establishing and making operational the complaints mechanism as described in the NSDP Procurement Manual
- Coordinating and responding to procurement queries, disputes, and complaints;
- Preparing procurement reports for Financial Monitoring Reports (FMRs) for donors and other procurement reports required by the Procurement Committee and Senior Management;
- Other procurement tasks that may be assigned
- Bachelor degree in Economic, Business Administration, or any other relevant field with 5 years’ experience in the related field.
- Work experience within the Government developmental projects, donor funded projects or any national or international NGOs in the field of procurement.
- Management and team leadership ability
- Having the required skills in general Management W
- Writing and communication ability in professional and related area.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of procurement law and procurement rules and procedures for public procurement in Afghanistan;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Government’s administrative systems as well as the Government’s clearance and approval procedures applicable to procurement;
- Sound judgment and interpretative skill for dealing with procurement-related issues and documents including, specifically, (i) bidding documents (ii) bid evaluation documentation and procedures and (iii), contract documents.
- Effective communication, IT and interpersonal skills including (i) a full working knowledge of English (ii) fluency in one national language and good reading, writing, listening and speaking skill in the other and (iii), the ability to interact and coordinate with NSDP staff, contractors, Government officials, consultants.