|Date Posted:||Jul 11, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 28, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN:
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of national pride to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 35,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored or built 150 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally-accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 7,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
Turquoise Mountain is embarking on a four-year programme with the aim to create 10,000 jobs in the carpet and jewellery value-chains in Afghanistan and facilitate the sale of Afghan carpet and jewellery products to international markets. The program will build the technical capacity of those active in both value-chains, improve working conditions and ensure environmental standards, raise awareness about production abilities in Afghanistan, improve order fulfilment, and increase exports of higher-margin carpet and jewellery products, thereby increasing income-generating opportunities for thousands of Afghans.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide creative direction for product photo shoots by determining lighting requirements, set up, composition, background, and prop choices.
- Responsible for shooting a diverse range of high-quality images and naming, transferring, and storing media.
- Edit digital files for color, contrast, balance, and background in Photoshop and other photo editing software.
- Act as main point of contact for providing all lifestyle/product images of jewellery, homeware and carpets as required by sales teams.
- Work closely with the Head of Communications to provide and monitor all promotional material given to our clients for sharing on their social media and website.
- Maintaining and updating database for all TM products, including creating and maintaining organized image folders for sales teams.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- A recognised degree in Industrial Design, Product Design or Fine Art with a Design major with at least five years of practical experience.
- A thorough knowledge of product photography and art direction theory and practice
- Demonstrable skills in photography, editing, and set management
- A good disposition towards collaboration and teamwork
- Fluent in English or Dari, and a working level of the other is a significant advantage