|Date Posted:||Jul 5, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 19, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Voice of Women Organization:
Voice of Women Organization (VWO) is an Afghanistan based national NGO operating in the Western Region of Afghanistan. VWO is striving to utilize the international assistance in the best interest of the Afghan communities through projects in various sectors, especially in approaching women rights and women empowerment in the society.
The Senior Program Officer (SPO), under the direct supervision of Program Coordinator will be responsible to assist the PC and program team in planning, supervising, organizing and implementing programs and overview VWO projects both in Herat and regional offices. The SPO will also assist the program team in developing proposals, concept notes, budgeting, monitoring and reporting to donors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Monitor effective implementation of projects and ensure the achievement of projects Goals and objectives.
2. Assist the Program Coordinator and program team in preparation of proposals, concept notes and grant applications when required.
3. Ensure that Monthly and Quarterly narrative (Progress) reports has been properly prepared, reviewed and sent to donors within the deadline.
4. Attending donor coordination meetings and workshops as/when required.
5. Submit Personnel Requisition Form to HR when program staff is required, and ensure provision of orientation of program and project activities to newly hired staff relevant to program.
6. Ensure coordination between field offices/projects and HQ program team.
7. Ensure proper communication of Project documents (e.g. Work Plan, log frame etc…) to project supervisors.
8. Ensure proper filing of relevant paper works, proposal, budget, MoUs, reports send to MoWA, MOEC, and Projects Relevant Sector, with annual narrative reports and Audited Financial Statements in every working period (Year).
9. Prepare reports to VWO Senior Management and donors when required.
10. Supervise and lead the team of program officers.
11. Ensure coordination with internal auditor when needed.
12. Coordinate with other departments when needed.
13. Ensure timely backup of program data by IT.
14. Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by Program Coordinator
Bachelor in Business Administration, master degree in relevant discipline is preferred.
4 years of work experience in program management with national or international organizations.
Having excellent oral and written communication in Dari, Pashto and Excellent command of English language is a must
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent team work
Ability and willingness to travel in field offices and remote areas
Excellent knowledge of MS office packages