|Date Posted:||Jul 14, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 23, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||5 month(s)|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
About National Skills Development Program (NSDP):
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) is a National Priority Program (NPP) established after the April 2004 Berlin announcement made by H.E. President Karzai. The overall goal of the NSDP is to contribute to the socio-economic recovery of Afghanistan through building a national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system which is responsive to labor market needs and which provides Afghans with the knowledge and skills for decent work.
The NSDP has a Steering Committee consists of 9 relevant Ministries with the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, (MOLSA) designated as a lead Ministry. The NSDP operates as a self-contained entity as a National Priority Program of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan; mainly financed from the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the Ministry of Finance, and the World Bank and other funding agencies.
The Senior Program Officer will work under the day to day supervision Program Coordinator and under the overall responsibility of the National Program Director. He /she will work in close cooperation with the national staff of the Program.
The Senior Program Office will take a lead role in improving the quality and relevance of education, training, and job intermediation services, and employment support offered by target TVET institutions.
The Senior Program Officer will cover all aspect of designing and implementation of the project and will also be responsible to schedule all the activities of the project as per plan. He/she will be regularly reporting to Program Director and Program Coordinator.
The duration of assignment will be 5 months and will be extend base on the availability of fund and will involve the following activities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide curriculum development support to TVET institutions and their instructors including developing and strengthening leveling courses, as well as courses in the target sectors, job profiles, and skills;
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, private sector representatives, youth-serving organizations, and other NGOs;
- Identify major educational/workforce development skill shortfall areas and assist TVET and higher education institutions to develop new curricula to address gaps;
- Develop processes for education institutions to learn from career counseling center activities, both in placement and curricula development;
- Support in establishing additional career counseling centers and/or upgrading existing counseling centers to serve all regions;
- Provide recommendations on regulatory reforms to enable public and private higher educational institutions to operate effectively and efficiently;
- Measure the quality of the match between graduates and employer expectations/needs; and
- Provides documentation and status reports
- Ensure that gender issues are mainstreamed in all implementing activities.
- Supporting the NSDP Program Coordinator / Deputy Project Director in ensuring that the NATEJA project, and other NSDP projects, are implemented smoothly and in accordance with the design;
- Reporting regularly to the NSDP Program Coordinator/ Deputy Project Director on the detailed progress of project implementation and alerting the Coordinator to any current or foreseen issues arising which may impede project implementation;
- Keeping the Activities Schedules for each Component up-to-date and assisting the Program Coordinator to draft reports on overall progress against each, ensuring that any delays are immediately dealt with to ensure timely delivery of the project;
- Liaising with all NSDP Departments, expediting the delivery of the project so as to meet the deadlines for all activities in accordance with the activities schedule.
- 14. Supporting the Finance and Procurement Departments to ensure that any Finance and Procurement issues are dealt with promptly though providing any technical implementation information as required.
- Perform other job related tasks assigned time to time by respective Management.
- Bachelor degree in a technical subject, management, administration, business, economics Public Policy, law or other related field with 5 years’ experience in the related field.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience with Government or any national or international NGO in the development of key aspects of TEVT projects, and project management and program development.