|Date Posted:||May 15, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jun 15, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
About Assistance for Health, Education and Development - AHEAD:
AHEAD as a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit organization established by Afghan trained professionals those are committed to contribute in improvement of civil society, , social development, public health and educational programs. AHEAD is registered under license number 1259 in Ministry of Economy, with the long term Vision of the realization and development of vibrant and vital civil society, community development, public health and education in Afghanistan where the interest, concerns and dignity of the civilians are taken seriously and more people have access to resources. The Mission of considered as: contribution to improve the quality of Afghan families life through provision and distribution of quality health, education services, awareness, community development, civil society development, capacity building and research.
AHEAD is seeking a competent, committed and hardworking Health Program Manager to support the organization’s leadership in the efficient and effective implementation of the BPHS-SEHATMANDI and other health-related projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the planning, implementing, and supervision of all project activities
- Provide technical and advisory support to AHEAD’s leadership team on the efficient and effective implementation of AHEAD’s health projects
- Provide a monthly and quarterly report of program activities to the AHEAD’s leadership team.
- Draft project-level reports for the Ministry of Public Health
- To enhance the professional and managerial skills of the Health, Finance, Admin / HR at Provincial level
- Collaborate with the Ministry of Public Health, Provincial Health Directorate, and other locally active agencies to co-ordinate the health activities in the provinces through PHCC meetings
- conduct regular and ad-hoc visit to the project field, ensure the quality of the health activities in the provinces through regular technical follow-ups and evaluations
- Regularly visit and supervise training centers and clinics in all targeted districts and provinces
- Responsible for quality control of the medical equipment and material purchased
- Oversee the quality of Health Management Information System (HMIS) data, and ensure the data entered into the system is accurate and timely
- Collaborate with the operations team and ensure medical and non-medical supply is delivered to all provinces promptly.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Graduated from a recognized university as a Medical Doctor, preferably Master degree in health management
- At least 5 years’ experience in BPHS and health management
- At least 3 years of work at senior level positions within an international NGO or UN organization
- Sufficient responsible experience in project planning and management
- Ability to travel frequently to project sites within Afghanistan
- Advanced knowledge of HMIS and data analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Ms. Office package.
- Excellent command of Pashto, Dari, and English
Interested applicants can submit their C.Vs along with a cover letter to email@example.com. Please write vacancy number and province in the subject line. Application after due date if received will not be considered. Only short-listed applicants will be called for interview.