|Date Posted:||Apr 15, 2019|
|Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Senior Project Management Advisor|
|Closing Date:||Apr 28, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 10 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Senior Project Management Advisor is responsible for the over all program implementations, Advise on the implementation and delivery of the Ministry’s strategic documents and ensure key performance indicators are continuously monitored. He/She is check the internal documents before they are presented to the Minister so they are aligned with the leadership’s vision and directions.
Requires travel to provinces:
Ability to develop and maintains effective relationships; effectively works with difficult, hostile, or distressed people; is sensitive to tribal and cultural diversity, race, gender and individuals with disabilities. Must have excellent oral and written English, Dari, and Pashtu communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, logical, and concise reports. Skilled with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1.Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. Full/ or sole responsibility for the program implementation.
3. Provide advice and guidance on the development of strategic documents in
coordination with relevant directorates
4. Advise on the implementation and delivery of the Ministry’s strategic
documents and ensure key performance indicators are continuously monitored
5. Identify and advise on urgent work priorities for the Ministry and recommend
actions and/or activities to be undertaken to address priorities. Urgent work
priorities should be understood as activities that need to be implemented prior
to final adoption of the Roadmap.
6. Review internal documents before they are presented to the Minister so they
are aligned with the leadership’s vision and directions
7. Support the Minister in her engagement with relevant stakeholders including
other Ministries, Office of the Economic Advisor, High Economic Council,
private actors and the international community.
8. Develop a mechanism for monitoring task follows and implementation after key
9. Coordinate all relevant work with the office of the President through
10. Monitor the regular update of a task tracker to ensure continuous
successful delivery on tasks assigned.
11. Hold weekly meetings the unit’s calendar and task tracker and share it with
12. Work on other specific projects, as assigned by the Minister.
13. Any other tasks assign by the MoMP Authorities according to laws and
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Master degree in Business Administration, Economics and any other related field.
At least 7-10 years of work experience in Project Management or in any other relevant fields. 5 Years related Experience with Masters degree and 10 Years of Experience with Bachelor Degree.Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred.
Excellent Language proficiency in spoken and written Dari, Pashto & English is a requirement.