|Date Posted:||Sep 22, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Oct 7, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Project Management|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Geneva Call:
In situations of armed conflict, Geneva Call, as a neutral, impartial and independent international humanitarian organization, endeavors to strengthen the respect of humanitarian norms and principles by armed non-State actors, in order to improve the protection of civilians, while supporting local communities in their efforts to enhance their own protection. Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit, humanitarian organization foundation under Swiss law, founded in 1998.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Ensure effective FCDO project implementation and reporting under supervision of Emergency program Coordinator.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the planning, coordination, and implementation of protection assessments under specific projects to inform Program Coordinator of key needs in areas of interest.
- Contribute to the alignment of project activities based on the evolution of needs and programmatic synergies.
Strategy and programme implementation:
- Work closely with provincial project officers to ensure quality implementation of projects.
- Support project officers in project implementation to ensure quality implementation and monitoring (planning, coordination, budget, and engagement).
- Participate in the drafting of project plans, budgets, and monitoring plans.
- Responsible for quality project implementation, incl. activities such as trainings and workshops, and monitoring in accordance with Geneva Call work plans, budgets, and procedures.
- Collect, analyze and document information relating to the context, conflict situation, humanitarian needs and potential impact on Geneva Call's work in project area(s).
- Provide material (photos, videos, stories from the field) about project activities and timely reports to showcase achievements.
- Assist Program Coordinator, Head of Programs and/or Head of Mission in engaging senior officials and other key stakeholders
- Follow all administrative and finance procedures of with Kabul Finance team.
- Attend and represent Geneva Call as required at conferences and other fora of interest to the organization.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
- In close coordination with the program coordinator ensure that staff safety regulations are respected across all operations.
Program Management & Coordination:
- Develop project work plans and budgets in consultation with program team in accordance with Geneva Call’s operational and MEAL plans.
- Monitor the implementation of project activities, outputs and outcomes, submitting required reporting and documentation accurately and on time, including supporting local partners in their reporting.
- Ensure project implementation is aligned with internal standards and donors rules.
Education and work experience:
- A relevant University degree is required.
- Knowledge of International Humanitarian Law (IHL) or International Human Right Law is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years equivalent work experience in a humanitarian organization, including in managing emergency response programs.
- Experience in advocacy developing professional relationships with various stakeholder including armed actors and civil society and working in a neutral and objective manner.
- IT Tools (MS Office, Excel, email).
- Experience in reporting, monitoring and research.
- Demonstrable knowledge of issues of humanitarian affairs and humanitarian framework and capacity for in-depth analysis.
- Project management skills including project planning, budget handling, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Solid understanding of monitoring & evaluation tools and processes.
- Understanding International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights Law a considerable asset.
Fluency in English.
Fluency in Pashto or Dari is required.
- Understanding and respect for organizational principles, vision, mission and confidentiality.
- Strong logic and organizational skills, flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Ability to take responsibility, proactive and efficient functioning, strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and multicultural environment.
- Accuracy and reliability, ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Willingness and availability to travel, also at short notice.
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process. The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the Geneva Call Performance Management guidelines. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- Job Description
- Action plan
- Performance Review Template
- Position : Senior Project Officer
- Type of Contract: Fixed term contract
- Activity rate: 100%
- Work place: Kabul, Afghanistan
- Regular, extensive travel within the country up to 50% of the time
- Preferred start date: October 21st, 2022
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
No later than October 7th, 2022.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further process.
Please click on the link below to apply for this job: