|Date Posted:||May 7, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 22, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS) is a self-sufficient and independent corporation established under Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’s Joint Stock and Limited liability corporations’ act. This corporation changed legal entity and replaced Da Afghanistan Breshna Mosesa (Afghanistan electricity company), as a national electricity corporation on 15th of Sawr 1387 SH, in accordance with May 04, 2008. Da Afghanistan Breshan sherkat (DABS) commercially manages generation, import, transmission and distribution of the power electricity across the country.
The Senior Project Preparation Coordinator will assist the Director and lead the Project Preparation issues and follow up on their Procurement Procedure under the overall guidance and supervision of the PMO Director.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Excellent computer skills for Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and Internet use;
· Abilities to represent the organization in national and international levels;
· Fluency in English is a must, with excellent written and oral communication skills;
· High-level interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with persons of various cultures;
· Ability to Maintain effective collaboration and partnerships with organs of Government and Government Agencies, Provincial Governments, International Organizations, the Private Sector and other Stakeholders;
· Ability to Liaison with Donor agencies;
· Ability and willingness to work in a high-pressure environment;
· Ability and willingness to multi-task and work under pressure;
· Professional in appearance and demeanor;
Duties & Responsibilities:
·Participating, as necessary, in developing the solicitation and writing the draft documents in compliance with applicable FIDIC. Contract administration must be considered during this process
·Preparing solicitation in accordance with donor guide lines and Procurement law of Afghanistan, including instructions to tenderers, evaluation criteria, and policies to be followed during evaluation ensuring a transparent process.
·Exercising contractual and regulatory remedies, as appropriate, where a contractor’s performance is deficient
·Resolving disputes in a timely manner
·Documenting significant events and maintaining appropriate records, might leading to change order, claims, disputes, contract amendments and etc.
· Early in the procurement process, identify staff to participate in contract management.
· Follow up on procurement issues of the PMO with the related Procurement Departments and Entities
· Reviewing existing contracts
· Establishment of Contract Management System
· Providing guidance to relevant staff in all procurement matters
· Development and implementation of strategic procurement plans
· Ensuring that legislative requirements are understood and incorporated into controls, policies and procedures
· Reviewing and implementing the procurement strategy
· Developing systems of control, policies and procedures relating to procurement
· Liaising with relevant staff to ensure policies and procedures are followed
· Planning for the administration of a contract simultaneously with the drafting of the statement of work
· After the contract is executed, the planning activities should focus on general administrative activities including, but not limited to management of contract amendments through documentation of any changes to the contract scope, schedule and payment.
·Participating in post award conference with the contractors including the principals responsible for administering the contracts.
· Identify and develop procurement training for non-procurement staff
· Engage well and communicate with the DABS procurement department to identify the key procurement priorities and ensure that resources are assigned accordingly
· Supervises related PMO staff and local or international short-term consultants working for the project;
· Extensive Travel within and outside Afghanistan maybe required.
· Establishing scope of authority, clear lines of communication and reporting and specific individuals who will interact directly with the stakeholders
- Participating on behalf of the Director in all Procurement related meetings
· To carry out other tasks as entrusted by the PMO Director.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor with 5 years’ experience in the field of Finance, Contract Management, Business Administration, Engineering, Economics or other related fields.
- Work experience with international organizations such as, WB, JICA, USAID or other is desirable.
- Good understanding of the relevant standards and norms relevant to the works.
Familiar with Afghanistan Procurement Law, FIDIC and/ or US Federal Regulations
Please submit your application form along with cover letter to email mentioned below Please mention the position name and vacancy number in the subject line of your email.
You can find the Application form in below link; it is your responsibility to accurately enter the information in Application Form and use digital signature. DO NOT upload any additional documents;
DABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates with good knowledge base and experience background are Mostly Preferred. DABS does not discriminate in employment on the race, religion, gender, political affiliation, disability, age or other non-merit factor.
Please note: that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test or interview.