|Date Posted:||May 12, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 25, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Senior Site Engineers (Upper Catchment) will participate and assist the project manager in preparation of community and district level operation plans. Maintain a favourable working relationship with the targeted communities. Supervise project participants and other direct project staff. Participate in conduction of baseline survey, technical survey, design and cost estimation of micro projects. Supervise and monitor implementation of projects and prepare standard progress reports.
Projects Monitoring, community analysis survey, use of PRA methodology, construction survey and design, report writing, reasonable level of English reading and writing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Participate and assist the project manager in preparation of community and district level operation plans in Afghanaid standard formats.
· Keep control of budgets both in community and district levels. Ensure to avoid any over expenditures.
· Prepare community wide work calendar and specify resources required to undertake the plan.
· Ensure that the plan is shared with the communities and therefore is attainable and have the endorsement of the community.
2. Maintain a favourable working relationship with the targeted communities.
· Explain program objectives to the communities and ensure project ownership by the participating communities.
· Ensure a high level of community participation and contribution.
· Ensure that the whole community members are involved in the decision-making.
3. Supervise project participants and other direct project staff and provide needed job related training to them.
· Provide conditions in which the unskilled labors can receive on the job artisan training.
· Demonstrate a good teamwork. Involve other team members in decision making and keep your supervisor and other team members informed of affairs.
· Arrange payment of wage of labor on time and in a professional manner.
· Participate in the selection of skilled workers. Ensure that highly skilled workers are hired.
· Maintain work norms and standards. Make sure that the workers are performing as per labor norms applied by donor and as per the ILO standards.
4. Participate with field staff in conduction of need assessment, baseline survey, technical survey, design and cost estimation of micro projects. Ensure a high technical quality of projects.
· Select projects based on community needs and priorities.
· Participate in the process of setting baselines and conduct baseline surveys.
· Ensure that technical designs are as per standard and with a high and safe quality.
· Ensure that the cost estimation are realistic and with-in the boundary of less than 10 % variation.
5. Supervise and monitor implementation of projects and prepare standard progress reports.
· Submit community progress report to project manager on time and as per standard.
· Use standard and official monitoring forms during project visits.
· Make use of site journal, record comments and observation on projects.
· Ensure that the community is undertaking the work and are involved in monitoring.
· Ensure that the workers are getting paid on time and in a professional way.
· Ensure that the vulnerable sector of community is considered for employment, especially those who can’t be benefited from the outcome of the projects.
6. Undertake any other job when asked by your supervisor.
Spending authority: None.
Autonomy: Under the supervision of Project Manager, the Project Engineer has the autonomy to carry out his duties as specified in above.
Supervision: Project Participants.
Internal; Primarily, Project Manager, Field staff and other Afghanaid projects, externally with local authorities.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Daykundi
BSc. Degree in Civil/Irrigation Engineering subject.
B. WORK EXPERIENCE:
3 years or more experience in civil engineering and community development field.