|Date Posted:||Jun 12, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 12, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||8 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Finance:
ARD Terms of References for the World Bank funded project (FSP)
(Senior Software Developer)
Title: Short Term Advisory to support ARD to further develop, maintain and implement information systems including SIGTAS.
No. of Positions (2)
The National Consultant will assist the Afghanistan Revenue Department (ARD) and provincial tax administration staff in implementing international standards of tax administration in accordance with the laws of Afghanistan.
Upon appointment, the national consultant will assist in the development, maintenance and implementation of Information systems including SIGTAS within Kabul and provincial tax offices and the rollout to other offices as on needs basis, support capacity development of the ARD staff involved in systems development and implementation beginning with SIGTAS through mentoring, coaching to build employees’ sustainable capacity in turn leading to increased taxpayer compliance.
1. Scope of work
The Software Developer will work in close collaboration with the ARD Systems Sub-Director. She/he will work with the Revenue Systems Director, whenever required.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Technical experience with, databases, Web development, and user support.
· Knowledge of database design in Microsoft SQL, Oracle and Access is an asset.
· Extensive Experience in coding PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions, data collections, and user data type definitions.
· Experience in developing Oracle Forms and Reports or ASP.NET MVC.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Knowledgeable in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
· Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities;
· Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
· Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
Duties & Responsibilities:
§ Providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing the new systems to support and enhance business requirements.
§ Analyze business processes and system technologies in order to develop, incorporate and enhance the database system to meet organizational requirements with emphasis on SIGTAS and other revenue systems.
§ Providing proactive and practical support to the operational and management teams of the ARD with an emphasis on the uptake of SIGTAS improvements including -enhancements, configuration, customization, reporting etc.
§ Investigating and resolving complex application functionality related issues and providing senior level support and troubleshooting of the new systems.
§ Design stable, reliable and effective databases.
§ Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
§ Prepare complete application documentation, help files, user guides and demonstrate application functionalities to various user groups.
§ Ensure all database programs meet organization’s and performance requirements.
§ Presenting ideas for system improvements.
§ Working closely with analysts, trainers and staff.
§ Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live.
§ Preparation of training manuals for other developers.
§ Making recommendations and developing custom applications.
§ Mentoring, supporting and coaching including training of other NCs and civil servants on the usage of SIGTAS and other information systems.
§ Take the leadership role in coordinating activities between Developers, SAs and Network specialists.
The Senior Software Developer is in charge of systems development will report directly to the Technical Manager – SIGTAS and will liaise with the Director of Revenue Systems whenever required.
2. Key results expected
§ Provision of technical expertise and solutions that meet business requirements;
§ Production of technical documentation and client support tools and instructions;
§ Development and operationalization of new systems in a manner that support business processes and ensures data integrity.
§ Enhancement of SIGTAS system.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Masters’ or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, Applications/Software Development, Information Systems, or a similar related field.
· With Masters 3 Years and with bachelors 8 Years of relevant experience (programming and software development).
· Extensive Experience of data processing, Development and Maintenance of custom applications, and enterprise software applications.
Interested candidates should submit their applications by e-mail by “Specify Date” to:
ARMP PROJECT, Afghanistan Revenue Department, Ministry of Finance, Kabul-Jalalabad Road, Kabul, Afghanistan. Write in the Subject line “Senior Software Developer”.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.