|Date Posted:||Jul 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 27, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
About Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission :
Terms of Reference (TOR)
Senior SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
Position Announcement Reference
Job Title: Senior Software Quality Assurance Specialist
Grade: NTA Grade B
Ministry / Agency: IARCSC
Job Location: Kabul
Number of Jobs: ONE POSITION
Report To: HRMIS Director
Duration of Contract : One Year with possibility of extension
The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 2002 as an independent budgetary unit in the government of Afghanistan charged with establishing and strengthening robust institutions of public administration, merit-based recruitment of civil servants, regulating civil servant’s affairs and training and professional development of civil servants. The Commission comprises an Independent Appointment Board and an Independent Appeals Board. The Civil Service Management department and the Afghanistan Civil Service Institute are the two other major departments in the Commission.
The IARCSC mission is: To lead the reform and professionalization of civil service administration and management and to recruit and develop civil servants on the basis of merit, through an impartial, transparent and accountable process.
The Tackling Afghanistan Government’s HRM and Institutional Reform (TAGHIR)
TAGHIR directly responds to the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF) – including its development priority on “Building a responsive and effective public administration system”.
The overall objective of TAGHIR is to strengthen the capacity of selected line ministries and agencies through merit-based recruitment of key positions, improved personnel management, and better HR planning.
TAGHIR is being co-financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) and the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank Group. The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) will implement the project on behalf of the GoIRA.
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
The Senior Software Quality Assurance Specialist will be primarily responsible for detailed and comprehensive HRMIS system test. The tests should include all functional and non-functional tests such as unit testing, integration testing, system testing, interface testing, performance testing, load testing, security testing, reliability testing and others. The Senior Software Quality Assurance Specialist will plan his/her activities in accordance and close coordination with HRMIS Technical team and the HRMIS Director.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Software Maintenance
· Work Well Under Pressure
Duties & Responsibilities:
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Senior Software Quality Assurance Specialist is expected to ensure:
· Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
· Perform all functional and non-functional testing such as unit testing, integration testing, system testing, interface testing, performance testing, load testing, security testing, reliability testing and others
· Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
· Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
· Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
· Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
· Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
· Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
· Coordinate with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
· Monitor debugging process results
· Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
· Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
· Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
· A bachelor or master degree in Computer Science, Information Management System or related fields.
· If bachelor degree, a minimum of 7 years, If Master’s degree, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development, testing systems or a related field.
· Proven work experience in software development
· Proven work experience in software quality assurance
· Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
· Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
· Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
· Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
· Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
· Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
· Fluent in Pashto/Dari and English