|Date Posted:||Oct 17, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Nov 3, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||2 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanistan Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (ATRA) is the independent regulator of the telecom sector. It is responsible for implementing the Telecommunications Sector Policy and enforcing the provisions of the Telecom Law. ATRA strives to create an enabling environment for the private sector to invest in developing telecom and Internet infrastructure and services. ATRA aims to achieve an enabling private sector-backed telecom market and services in Afghanistan through creating and enforcing regulations, applying standards, providing universal access to the services, regulating the market, overseeing, and fostering competition in the telecom market-- all in a non-discriminatory and transparent manner. ATRA works closely with its stakeholders, the private sector, government entities and end-users and telecom services recipients to improve the level playing field in the telecom and Internet domains in Afghanistan.
ATRA through its contractor is developing a Realtime Data Management System (RTDMS) in order to ensure transparency on 10% TSF (telecom service fee) collection and telecom sector revenue. The Senior System Developer is a key team member at ATRA’s RTDMS team who will support its systems development and maintenance.
As the Senior System Developer, the candidate will work closely with other members of the systems sub-directorate to ensure optimum performance of the relevant systems, and also lead the assigned team when needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Researching, designing, implementing and managing software programs
● Conducting information need assessment
● Testing and evaluating new programs
● Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
● Assisting the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development systems
● Develop and compile schemas, tables, triggers, indexes, sequences, constraints, functions and procedures
● Perform and maintain ETL jobs required for batch processing, including nightly and near-real-time data processing
● Coding and debugging
● Establishing and maintaining the database daily maintenance plan
● Providing technical guidance through clear communication
● Maintaining the connectivity and compatibility between systems
● Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new initiatives to support and enhance the RDBMS
● High‐speed querying
● Proposing design changes and suggestions to processes and products
● Create scalable and high‐performance web services for data tracking
● Any other task assigned by Line manager
● Minimum Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred, in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Development, Information Technology or another relevant field.
● 5- 6 Years of relevant professional work experience with bachelor’s degree and 3- 4 years with Master’s degree.
● Professional language proficiency in Pashto and Dari, as well as in English
● Experience with Server Side languages and frameworks (Java, C#, Python, Spring Framework)
● Familiarity with big data tools Hadoop/Hive, Kafka, Spark
● Experience in Databases such as MangoDB, MySQL, MS SQL Server
● Time management and prioritization skills
● Excellent critical thinking, decision making and negotiation skills
● Creativity is always a plus
● The desire to work in fast-paced environment
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
● All applications (CVs and cover letters) should be submitted via email to: email@example.com Please, clearly indicate on the subject line the title of the position. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
● The deadline for submission of the application is: November 03, 2020