|Date Posted:||May 13, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 23, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 - 8 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Statistics and Information Authority:
Background National Statistics and Information Authority (NSIA) was established in year 1351 as an independent governmental administration to create an integrated scientific system for statistics, ensuring harmonization and coordination of all statistical and information management activities of Afghanistan. Since its establishment, NSIA conducts population census and national statistical surveys and coordinates with partners including government institutions, international development partners, non-governmental organizations, research institutions and agencies other than state to prevent duplication of information and statistics. NSIA collaborates with national government agencies in collection, compilation and publication of statistical information including data and statistics derived from their activities. Also NSIA independently collects, compiles, analyses and publishes national commercial, financial, social, economic, environmental, information technology and in general the living condition of Afghan nation. National Statistics and Information Authority (NSIA) supports and promotes the development of integrated social and economic statistics nationwide. NSIA also provides technical support to other agencies and facilitates standard procedures for conducting research such as sampling frames. To fulfil the requirement and need of modern statistical demands, NSIA is mandated to introduce reforms in the area of organizational development. NSIA coordinates and collaborates with partner agencies to establish standards and framework for unified data and information management. Currently on-going efforts are underway to further strengthen NSIAs institutional capacity to adapt and utilize organizational development best-practices to adapt to fast-changing and required growth of NSIA. The National Geo-Informatics Center in Afghanistan is responsible for national level of Geo-Spatial activities, developing policies, Geo-Spatial standards, and the sustainable use of its extensive natural resources. In order to make informed decisions, the policy makers, technicians, scientists and others need timely and authoritative data and the means to analyze and understand this information and the conditions, trends and other insights it can Bring. Most of the Geo spatial data that exists in Afghanistan is scattered across many organizations within the government, United Nations agencies and many other government, non-government and international organizations. The government has recognized the need to address this issue and has established a National Geo-Informatics Centre (NGIC) program within the Central Statistical Organization. Based on the decree No (656), 2018 of His Excellency President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, the GIS Coordination Deputy President General office was established. Currently the GIS is one of the important departments of NSIA. The National Statistics and Information Authority (NSIA) is the leading national geo spatial science organization with a focus on both public good science for government and geo-scientific research to understand earth and environmental processes. To have harmonize, consistent and fair pay framework for all NTA in the country, to assure fiscal sustainability up to possible extend, to increase government control over deliverables of National Technical Assistance (NTA) including but not limited to strengthening the government ability to hire national contractors though the national budget of the country and to avoid competition with CBR and assuring transparency and accountability; NSIA is committed to hire below position based on NTA salary scale.
Summary of the Position
The Senior Systems Development Analyst (SSDA), is responsible for reviewing the application requirements definition, system designs, system integration, application development and testing, database design, documentation, implementation, and maintains business-oriented information systems
Provinces to travel:
Ability to exhibit strong commitment in the relevant disciplines
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and working knowledge of national languages i.e. Dari and Pashto
Ability to work with and be a partner of a team of diverse backgrounds
Ability to work efficiently and to meet deadlines
Ability to function effectively in a team environment inspiring trust and cooperation of other team member
Strong communication, negotiating skills and good interpersonal relations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
1. Analyzes and advises users on the feasibility, alternatives, cost and timing of modifying, developing or acquiring new data processing systems.
2. Develops and defines system requirements to include system and program specifications, project timetables, task assignments and testing criteria.
3. Performs analysis, design, development, and implementation of hardware, software, and application systems and subsystems.
4. Creates and modifies reports based upon user requirements.
5. Analyzes data to build conclusions and make recommendations.
6. Conducts unit testing to ensure application/reporting solution meets specifications; implements integration test plans.
7. Documents new or modified components, testing activities/results and other areas such as application-wide error handling and backup/recovery procedures.
8. Provides ongoing maintenance of applications.
9. Analyzes existing applications to identify and document opportunities for improvements.
10. Develops and updates systems, subsystem and operations documentation.
11. Coordinates system maintenance requirements with internal and external users, other IT Services technical staff.
12. May work with data base administrators in reviewing data models, data conversion scripts, data diagrams and database/application tuning efforts.
13. Supports existing business systems; monitors assigned service requests/incidents to accept, troubleshoot, resolve, and escalate tickets consistent with departmental policies in order to meet service level commitments.
14. Performs other related duties as required.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Qualifications and Experience: The Senior Systems Development Analyst would have the following qualification and work experience;
A Master degree with five years of relevant experience in technology related design, development, and integration of the systems positions.
A bachelor degree with seven years of relevant experience in technology solutions design, development, and integration
Accuracy, attention to detail, critical thinking and problem-solving.
Exposure to systematic techniques, i.e. familiarity with software engineering principles.
Good technical knowledge of web applications development, open source programming languages and database management systems.
Good programming abilities.
Good communication skills.
Sound knowledge of fundamentals of computer science.
Good interpersonal and client-handling skills with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail.
Ability to work in a team.