|Date Posted:||Oct 17, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Nov 3, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||2 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanistan Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (ATRA) is the independent regulator of the telecom sector. It is responsible for implementing the Telecommunications Sector Policy and enforcing the provisions of the Telecom Law. ATRA strives to create an enabling environment for the private sector to invest in developing telecom and Internet infrastructure and services. ATRA aims to achieve an enabling private sector-backed telecom market and services in Afghanistan through creating and enforcing regulations, applying standards, providing universal access to the services, regulating the market, overseeing, and fostering competition in the telecom market-- all in a non-discriminatory and transparent manner. ATRA works closely with its stakeholders, the private sector, government entities and end-users and telecom services recipients to improve the level playing field in the telecom and Internet domains in Afghanistan.
ATRA through its contractor is developing a Realtime Data Management System (RTDMS) in order to ensure transparency on 10% TSF (telecom service fee) collection and telecom sector revenue. The Senior System Engineer is a key team member at ATRA’s RTDMS team who will support its systems development and maintenance.
As the Senior System Engineer, the candidate will work closely with other members of the systems sub-directorate and when needed upgrade and modify the systems, as well as ensure optimum performance of the relevant systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies
● Improving system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures
● Enhancing applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations and designing and implementing systems
● Maintaining and improving existing codebases and peer review code changes
● Liaising with colleagues to implement technical designs
● Investigating and using new technologies where relevant
● Providing written knowledge transfer material
● Researching, designing, implementing and managing software programs
● Conducting information need assessment
● Testing and evaluating new programs
● Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
● Perform and maintain ETL jobs required for batch processing, including nightly and near-real-time data processing
● Coding and debugging
● Establishing and maintaining the database daily maintenance plan
● Providing technical guidance through clear communication
● Maintaining the connectivity and compatibility between systems
● Proposing design changes and suggestions to processes and products
● Create scalable and high‐performance web services for data tracking
● Any other task assigned by the head of Systems
● Minimum Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred, in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Development, Information Technology or another relevant field.
● 5 Years of relevant professional work experience with bachelor’s degree and 3 years with Master’s degree.
● Professional language proficiency in Pashto and Dari, as well as in English
● Hands-on experience working with technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, etc.
● Experience with Server Side languages and frameworks (Java, C#, Python, Spring Framework)
● A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
● Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
● Strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualize processes and outcomes
● Proficiency in troubleshooting software issues and debugging a large codebase
● Time management and prioritization skills
● Excellent critical thinking, decision making and negotiation skills
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
● All applications (CVs and cover letters) should be submitted via email to: email@example.com Please, clearly indicate on the subject line the title of the position. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
● The deadline for submission of the application is: November 03, 2020