|Date Posted:||Apr 6, 2019|
|Reference:||MoE/UNESCO and ISESCO-001|
|Closing Date:||Apr 19, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 6 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
On May 4th 1948 Afghanistan was admitted as member of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and it became the member of Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural organization (ISESCO) in the year (2003).
The mandate of the National Commission is to link and coordinate programmes and activities related to education, culture, science and technology between the two organizations (UNESCO and ISESCO) and the five sectorial ministries of the afghan government (MoE, MoHE, MoIC, MoWA & MoLSAMD) as well as other independent state agencies.
The main task and responsibility of the Afghanistan National Commission is to get involve in UNESCO and ISESCO’s activities within the various ministerial departments of the Afghan government, agencies, institutions, private and public organizations and individuals working for the advancement of education, science, culture and information, so that each UNESCO member state may contribute to the maintenance of peace and security and the common welfare of mankind by participating in the activates of UNESCO and ISESCO which aim to advance the mutual knowledge and understanding of peoples , give fresh impulse to popular education and to spread of culture, and preserve, increase and diffuse knowledge and play an ever-increasing role in UNESCO and ISESCO’s work, and particularly in the formulation and execution of its programs and objectives.
For this purpose National Commission:
a) Co-operate with their governments and with services, organizations, institutions and individuals concerned with questions within UNESCO and ISESCO’s competence.
b) Encourage participations of national, governmental and non-governmental institutions and various individuals in the formulation and execution of UNESCO and ISESCO’s programs so as to secure for the organization all the intellectual, scientific, artistic, or administrative assistant that it may require.
c) Disseminate information on the objectives, program and activates of UNESCO and ISESCO’s endeavor to assure public interest in them.
National commissions collaborate with each other and with UNESCO and ISESCO’s regional and national offices and centers fostering regional, sub regional and bilateral co-operation in education, the science, culture and information, particularly through the joint formulation and execution of programs.
This co-operation may bear upon the preparation, implementation and evaluation of projects and may take the form of joint surveys, seminars, meetings and conferences and exchanges of information, material and visits.
d) To establish relationship with UNESCO and ISESCO member states and build partnership of the basis of relationship.
e) To develop projects for the sustainable development of education.
The Senior Technical Specialist under the direct leadership and supervision of the Secretary General of the Afghan National Commission for UNESCO and ISESCO will be responsible to perform the following tasks and activities.
Provinces to travel:
a. Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
b. Excellent communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari languages
c. Set priorities and manage time effectively
d. Ability to work collaboratively in a team
a. Core competencies
i. Effective human resource management skills.
ii. Effective communication and coordination skills.
iii. Effective organizational and administrative skills.
iv. Be able to communicate effectively both in the written and oral mode.
v. Must be willing to travel throughout Afghanistan and abroad.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Guide the Program Management unit and the 6 professional departments of the NatCom to provide reliable and sufficient information for the quarterly and annual reports.
· Provide overall strategic guidance to the National Commission (NatCom) Team as well as assist the Secretary General in developing policy and strategic planning.
· Ensure proficient and timely monitoring and implementation of the Operational and Strategic Plans of the NatCom.
· Assist in building the managerial capacities of the civil servant staff of the NatCom.
· Ensure planning and design of effective strategies for communication towards supporting partnership building and resource mobilization.
· Manage the writing, design production and dissemination of the brochure, Messages, Banners and Magazine of the NatCom.
· Manage and update the contents and format of the website on regular basis.
· Communicate effectively in verbal and nonverbal manner with UNESCO and ISESCO organizations, the five sectorial ministries of the government as well as UNESCO and ISESCO regional and country offices.
· Analyze and respond to the technical questionnaires of UNESCO and ISESCO.
· Interpret and respond all official correspondences of the NatCom.
· Establish and maintain good relations with media outlets and exchange of information.
· Share information and reports established and released by UNESCO and ISESCO related to education, culture, science and technology with the ministries and other agencies of the state.
· Ensure effective coordination of projects and programs with UNESCO office in Kabul and ISESCO office in Tehran.
· Coordinate PP projects with sectorial ministries and other state agencies
· Coordinate the nomination, participation and travel of the Afghan delegates in UNESCO and ISESCO conferences.
· Ensure the implementation of the decisions and approvals of the general conference sessions.
· Coordinate the missions of the high-ranking delegations of the government of the general conference of UNESCO and ISESCO.
· Conduct and coordinate the meetings of the high and executive council of the NatCom.
· Any other task assigned by Secretary General.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
a. At a least Master's degree in communication, Journalism, public relations, international relations and other related fields.
a. At least 6 years of relevant professional experience at managerial levels.