|Date Posted:||May 21, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 30, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Media,Research/Survey,Monitoring and Evaluation,Customer Service|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghanistan Broadcasting System (Oqaab):
Founded in 2013, Afghanistan Broadcasting System (ABS) is the only licensed Afghan company to provide Digital Television (DTV) throughout Afghanistan and to facilitate the ITU mandated switchover from analog to digital broadcasting. Headquartered in Kabul, ABS has regional offices from which it will focus on rolling-out the DTT network and DTH service across the country. Through its branded Oqaab platform, ABS is offering a mix of Afghan and soon premium international TV channels in areas, where no terrestrial reception was offered before.
We’re seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Translator for Dari/Pashto/English. In this position, you should be able to accurately translate, proofread, review and edit all materials and content for print, direct mail, collateral and all other marketing materials. You must have an excellent eye for typographical errors, such as basic formatting and layout inconsistencies.
You must have the ability to catch mistakes pertaining to spelling, grammar, style, tone, and consistency. If you live and breathe grammatical accuracy and find every incorrect word and typo in everything you read, then you’re the perfectionist we want on our team!
Requires travel to provinces:
- Strong and fluent verbal and written skills of Pashto, Dari and English language, with the ability to translate.
- High communication skills,
- Ability to perform under the minimum supervision, being flexible to work in strict and fluctuating deadlines and able to provide guidelines by establishing, monitoring, controlling and enforcing the company policies and procedures
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all the published content (Pashto & Dari) are free of errors in spelling, grammar, punctuation, composition, and format
- Control the implementation of the style guides
- Translate Dari in Pashto, Pashto into Dari, English into Dari, English into Pashto and vice versa
· Proofread advertising, social media posts and marketing collateral in Dari & Pashto
· Control comments and customer interaction
· Correct errors in spelling, grammar, punctuation, composition, and format
· Effectively communicate updates to account and design teams
· Reference style guides for proper branding and messaging
· Perform a quality check at each phase of the project lifecycle
· All legal and variable information is present and correct, including codes, phone numbers, offers, pricing, and offer disclaimers
· Controls the implementation of the marketing and sales plan
· Sending daily, weekly and monthly reports according to the SOP
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor of Literature, with at least minimum 3 years of work experience
- Authoritative grammar and spelling skills in Dari & Pashto are a must
- Experience in proofreading variable content from print, PDF, matrix tables and data tables.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently within strict production schedule deadlines.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Degree from Literature department of Kabul University preferred
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- 3+ years proofreading experience within a content or advertising category
- Experience in working in a media outlet
Interested applicants are kindly requested to submit a comprehensive cover letter along with a copy of their updated Curriculum vitae (CV) via email only. Please note that you must include the position title and vacancy number in the subject line of any email in response to this job announcement.Application received after the closing date will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.