|Date Posted:||Jun 7, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 14, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Deloitte is implementing the Afghanistan Civil Service Support (ACSS) program funded by USAID in support of the Government of Afghanistanâ€™s Independent Administrative Reform Civil Service Commission and its national reform campaign. We seek highly capable, motivated and serious professionals to work at the Civil Service Management Departmentâ€™s regional office in Kabul as a Senior Translator/Interpreter. This donor-funded and management-level position will strengthen the Government of Afghanistanâ€™s commitment to improve the delivery of critical public services to the people of Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Translate technical documents of CSMD from official languages to English and vice versa.
2. Provide simultaneous interpretation during the seminars or workshops.
3. Provide translation and interpretation support from English to official languages (Dari and Pashtu) and vice versa.
4. Translate documents, including but not limited to, letter, reports, memo, brochures, press release and present them into usable format;
5. Type setting documents and in English and official languages as required;
6. Ensure that language barrier is tackled when it comes the project where he/she is assigned to by means of providing necessary proactive intervention and facilitation;
7. Perform other official tasks as required by the assignment office.
1. Bachelor degree holder
2. Fluency in English and Dari/Pashtu language
3. Computer literacy and comfortable with MS Office Package operation
4. Preferred if able to start immediately or within 2 week notice
Other required skills
1. Better compensation if a minimum five years experience of translation and interpretation in official setup in the above stated languages;
2. Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skill
3. Must be a good team player and willing to learn new skills