|Date Posted:||Mar 26, 2020|
|Reference:||MoMP/PSU/DM Policy and Programs-Senior Value Analysis Advisor|
|Closing Date:||Apr 8, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The overall objective of this assignment is to carry out a value chain analysis of mineral commodities pertinent to Afghanistan with national, regional and international application and to provide-based recommendation. The basic objective is to maximize value of the mineral commodities by establishing proper value chain system which would results in improving competitiveness of revenue of mineral commodities to national economy of the country and also to contribute in fulfilling the commitments of the collaboration project whit Islamic Development Bank (Is DB).
Policy analysis and designing.
Strong written and spoken English, Dari, and Pashto.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Contract thorough market analysis of mineral commodities in order to identify and current market trend in terms of value , volume and growth of market potential national , regional and global markets as per the requirement of collaboration project with Is DB
2. Identified all potential competition and factors in the market.
3. Undertake overall diagnostic study of value chain of mineral commodities of Afghanistan and recommend curative actions pertinent to each step of value chain.
4. To carry out a global value chain analysis of identified mineral commodities in and outside the country and provide evidence-based information for policy intervention.
5. Study and underscore current policies and rules affecting value chain of mineral commodities of Afghanistan.
6. Study and come up with specific recommendation about the role of informal extraction and market of mineral on value chain particularly in relation to the minerals specified for the Is DB collaboration project.
7. Identify key regulatory and policy constraints which limited development of proper value chain of the sector and make recommendations based on best practices.
8. Identified and highlight comparative and competitive advantage of Afghanistan in the mineral commodities against global competition.
9. Identify the underlying challenges and constrains along the chain and recommend interventions on how to remove or mitigate them.
10. Identify value chain important and suitable producers groups and private sector players of the extractive sector.
11. Identify value addition opportunities and markets.
12. Produce policies, notes, maps, and reports of value chain analyses.
13. Perform any other relevant as instructed.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
. With master degree minimum 5 years of relevant experience with a bachelor degree minimum of 7 years relevant experience is required
. Experience in research, data analysis, policy analysis and design is required, plus
. Experience in working with government agencies and renowned international organization.