|Date Posted:||Sep 11, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 30, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
VAS Sr Engineer is responsible for the as following:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Able to maintain SMSC / Linux OS and USSD GW
- Able to understand and maintain daily operation of Packet core and VAS services.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Able to analyze the issues that hamper the performance of the system, and
- To be able to identify the discrepancies in the system to access the risk, and to implement solutions by adhering to the security standards.
- Vendor communication skill and fault escalation matrix
- System integration using SIGTRAN/SIP and able to attend activities related to Packet core and VAS.
- Able to understand all VAS technical services.
- Timely responding to telephone and email for assistance and service.
- Able to understand the reconciliation process of billing related reports.
- Able to train the team members.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Five+ years of extensive experiences in telecom sector especially in Linux OS environment and Packet core and VAS services
- Fluency to speak and write in English
- Strong experience with Linux in visualized environments
- Strong knowledge of Linux scripting languages
- Strong knowledge of telecom in Packet core and VAS
- Experience on Packet core 2G, 3G and LTE
- Experience on VAS services such as, Messaging services SMSC,CRBT VMS/MCA, IVR call flow, USSD and other VAS
- Knowledge of servers and switches and other solutions relevant to the infrastructure.
- Knowledge of networking.
- Good Troubleshooting and communication skills and escalation matrix.
- Eager and able to work under pressure and long hours.
- At least 5 years of experience in telecom industry with strong experience of Linux OS, Packet core and VAS services.
- Familiarity with web-based technologies.