|Date Posted:||Jan 22, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Feb 29, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
VAS Sr Engineer is responsible for as following:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Able to maintain SMSC / Linux OS and USSD GW
- Able to understand and maintain daily operation of Packet core and VAS services.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Able to analyze the issues that hamper the performance of the system, and
- To be able to identify the discrepancies in the system to access the risk, and to implement solutions by adhering to the security standards.
- Vendor communication skill and fault escalation matrix
- System integration using SIGTRAN/SIP and able to attend activities related to Packet core and VAS.
- Able to understand all VAS technical services.
- Timely responding to telephone and email for assistance and service.
- Able to understand the reconciliation process of billing related reports.
- Able to train the team members.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Five+ years of extensive experiences in telecom sector especially in Linux OS environment and Packet core and VAS services
- Fluency to speak and write in English
- Strong experience with Linux in visualized environments
- Strong knowledge of Linux scripting languages
- Strong knowledge of telecom in Packet core and VAS
- Experience on Packet core 2G, 3G and LTE
- Experience on VAS services such as, Messaging services SMSC,CRBT VMS/MCA, IVR call flow, USSD and other VAS
- Knowledge of servers and switches and other solutions relevant to the infrastructure.
- Knowledge of networking.
- Good Troubleshooting and communication skills and escalation matrix.
- Eager and able to work under pressure and long hours.
- At least 5 years of experience in telecom industry with strong experience of Linux OS, Packet core and VAS services.
- Familiarity with web-based technologies.