|Date Posted:||Jul 12, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Procurement and logistics|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
ZNCC is established decades before, supports and successfully completed numerous constructions, electrical, and transportation projects for the US and Afghan Governments. ZNCC has experience of implementing multi-millions energy and construction complex projects. Since our inception, we have developed a trusted and reliable firm by building solid relationships with our clients, employees, suppliers and contractors.
The Shipping Manager will be responsible for the completion of all shipping activities in considering time and low cost and take appropriate action to minimize required procurement items delays.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the completion of all shipping activities of materials purchased from abroad.
2. Perform shipment booking for all outgoing shipments;
3. Work in collaboration with other departmental managers to ensure a free-flowing process.
4. Preparing shipping documents to ensure entire shipment process is in order (include Trade net/Chamber of Commerce)
5. Prepare all required shipping, Bill of Loading & freight documents and invoicing on a timely manner.
6. Prepare custom clearance documents commercial/ noncommercial completely and ensure they are legally acceptable to customs to allow clearance and entry into the country.
7. Review international purchase orders and/or contract details once signed with vendors to assess delivery timeframe, mode of delivery and urgency of material.
8. Resolve all shipping-related issues (local & international) that may arise in the company
9. Maintain and review log data to establish status at the beginning of the shift
10. Co-ordinate internal activities related to all outgoing shipments with other department concerned;
11. Maintain shipment records in a manner facilitating easy retriever;
12. responsible for the accurate calculation of shipment quantities ensuring all shipment deliveries are as per contractual agreements and respects transportation specifications.
13. Schedule & Coordinates the delivery time with security in charges
14. Maintain day to day reports for each shipment and coordinate the shipments with procurement and admin departments the receive and submission of items/goods
15. Any other duties/tasks as assigned by the competent authority
- BA (Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, supply chain management or in any other related field)
- 5-years’ experience in logistics, procurement, international shipment and customs clearance
- In-depth knowledge of local as well as international shipments and freight negotiations to maximize profits.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of English, Dari and Pashto Languages.
- The shipping manager must also be able to meet tough deadlines.
- Problem-solving abilities on all fronts
- Proven previous experience in the role of a shipping manager (construction companies preferred)
- Ability to deal with complex and ambiguous situations.
- Good knowledge of computer operations and skills in the use of office package