|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 23, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The Afghanistan Value Chain (AVC)-High Value Crops (HVC) Project works with anchor firms nationwide to reverse market failures, strengthen backward and forward linkages, drive growth, and create jobs for men, women, and youth, while supporting the rapid growth of the fruit and nuts, high-value horticulture, spices, and medicinal crops value chains.
1. Role’s Purpose:
The Master Trainer in Apple Production, Processing and Quality Control will work closely with Apple producer associations, aggregators, processors and exporters to train their employees, as well as lead farmers, so that they can engage in an aggressive campaign to train producers and improve field-level productivity and produce quality. The Master Trainer will also closely work with Apple processors and exporters to identify market-sought varieties, standards of sorting and grading, packaging and storage requirements. The Master Trainer will design and deliver tailor made training sessions to tackle the most relevant productivity and quality challenges and capitalize on the opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct in-depth discussions with Apples exporters and processors to ascertain, categorize and prioritize quality traits demanded by end-markets.
- Produce brief production and post-harvest manuals, and posters, in English, Dari and Pashto languages with recommendations specifically designed to achieve the traits required by Apples exporters and processors, based on the demands of the markets they supply.
- Train the employees of producer associations, aggregators, processors and exporters to train farmers in productivity and market-specific quality enhancing technologies.
- Mentor and supervise trainers.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agri-economic or Agri-business.
· At least 4 years of In-depth experience in Apples production, post-harvest practices, processing and quality control.
· Market-oriented mentality
· Experience in developing training manuals and the delivery of training-of-trainers, as well as in the delivery of agricultural extension services
Experience in developing training manuals and the delivery of training-of-trainers, as well as in the delivery of agricultural extension services