|Date Posted:||May 19, 2010|
|Closing Date:||May 31, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Aga Khan Foundation:
Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private international, nonprofit, and non-denominational development agency. It seeks sustainable solutions to long term problems of poverty, with special emphasis on the needs of rural communities in mountainous, coastal and other resource poor areas across the world. Concentrating its efforts in health, education, rural development and strengthening civil society sectors, AKFâ€™s approach is based on long-term commitment that is maintained through political and social uncertainty.
Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan is part of a dynamic network of development agencies currently operating in over 30 countries across Central and South Asia and East and West Africa. AKF,A currently manages and implements the largest, multi-sectoral development programme within the network and has built a strong reputation with the Government of Afghanistan, donors and local partners in a number of technical fields. At present, it is seeking an exceptional individual to fill the position of Site Engineer in Engineering Department at its Regional Office Baghlan, Afghanistan.
To manage (plan, organize, control, and coordinate) the project sites and personnel placed under his charge.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To plan and schedule work and resources on the sites under his control. This includes making a realistic work plan with shura/community members to ensure a timely completion of the project.
2. To control work according to the following parameters. Quality, cost, time.
3. To control the work of relevant site supervisors.
4. To arrange provision, control and check the labour force (skilled and unskilled).
5. To prepare proper, appropriate and reasonable wages payment sheets.
6. To train site supervisors in managerial and technical matters.
7. To ensure that safe working practices are followed on site.
8. To assist in survey, estimation and design work when requested.
9. To negotiate sub-contracts at the project level and to aassist the engineering manger prepare, tenders, oversee bidding processes
10. To uunderstand all execution drawings and constructions standards and supervise all construction works to ensure project outputs meet standards laid out in project documents
11. To act as a social organizer, represent the program, and liaison with the local authorities. This includes assisting in training of community workers such as mechanics and working with a multidisciplinary team including social immobilizers, agriculturalists, etc.
12. To coordinate with the logistic department for procurement and transportation of materials. Note that:
a. Purchasing requests for the materials must be submitted at least 10 days prior to the required date.
b. The engineer must also check and measure all incoming materials to ensure the specified quality and quantity.
c. The engineer must maintain store records and update regional office providing stock reports by 25th of each month
13. To inform engineering manager or regional programme manager of any conflict regarding the project
14. To travel to any project site within the region and to be transferred to any project site with in the region as and when required.
15. Any other relevant task assigned by manger engineering or regional programme manager.
16. Two weekly reports on progress of work and resources needed for next two weeks and the work plan.
17. Stock records submitted to the regional office by the 25th of every month.
1. University or Bachelorâ€™s Degree as Civil Engineer from a recognized University/Institution.
2. At least 2 years experience in the job related area.
3. Excellent time management and multi tasking skills,
4. Good communication, analytical, and problem solving skills for complex issues
5. Capacity to work independently, with teams and international managers, and in difficult conditions.
6. Willing to Work in remote areas and believes team work, problem solving and achievement.
7. Good Computer Competence in MS Office Package, proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, ability to write logical, clear and concise reports,