|Date Posted:||Aug 25, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 25, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||8 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||2 Years & 11 Months|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Kardan University:
Kardan represents the most recognizable brand in the education sector in Afghanistan with over a decade of experience in providing primary, secondary, and post-secondary education services. With a focus on innovation and renewal, Kardan has been at the forefront of a vigorous drive to enhance the quality of education offered in the country.
In recognition of Kardan University’s continued advancement, a new campus development was envisioned as a means to consolidate our various locations while providing the capacity required to accommodate our future growth. Kardan is committed to quality higher education and aims to build a world-class campus that will promote collaboration, student engagement, and academic research.
We are seeking a qualified individual to serve as a Site Engineer who will facilitate the development of this project.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
The job description is outlined below:
- Directly responsible for leading and coordinating all activities for construction occurring on the project site
- Proactively communicating with the project manager in order to provide timely reports regarding progress, technical issues, estimations, and costing;
- Providing support with bid preparation, subcontractor/vendor solicitation, evaluation, and award;
- Resolves complex technical and personnel issues at the project site; while ensuring scheduled tasks have been timely completed;
- Identifying construction and operational issues while developing mitigating strategies and processes;
- Engaging with QA/QC engineers to ensure all structural and design elements have been completed in accordance with standard best practices;
- Provide onsite coordination of all logistical processes including; materials, equipment, security, and storage;
- Supervises all trade-related functions to ensure quality and timely delivery of sub-contractor tasks;
- Continually monitor construction schedule, progress and quality to meet design and specification requirements.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- 5+ years in related Construction Management experience;
- Post-Secondary Education in architecture, engineering or architectural technology or certification in Construction Project Management;
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry, including building materials, construction specifications, methods and procedures, safety, and quality management practices