|Date Posted:||Jun 22, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 5, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About MAIL/Panj Amu:
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development of communities.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) singed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish Main Central Program Management Office (CPMO) to centralize different existing ADB Funded Projects effective 01 February 2018. CPMO will be a permanent office to provide operational (Administration, Finance, Procurement, Reporting, Technical and Monitoring and Evaluation) Support to all existing and forthcoming projects of ADB within the MAIL.
Panj Amu River Basin Sector Project is an irrigation and natural resources management project which is designed and prepared under the context of National Natural Resources Management Strategy (N-NRMS 2017-2021).
This project, funded by Asian Development Bank & EU, which will be implemented by Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL). The project is designed to finance rehabilitation and upgrading (R&U) of existing and development of new irrigation and water resources infrastructure, watershed management and establishment of IAs and its capacity building in 5 provinces in Panj Amu River Basin sector project (Bamyan, Baghlan, Kunduz, Takhar and Badakhshan).
The site engineers will be working under the close coordination of PIO Manager in the PIU.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. The Site Engineer is responsible for timely implementation of projects on the site, with specification and standards of the design. He/ she will also be responsible for the coordination of all technical activities on the site to make sure the construction/rehabilitation of infrastructure is according to the engineering standards and local conditions’/he will work under the direct supervision of the Project manager.
2. Make frequent monitoring visits to construction project sites located in all districts in respective province to make sure the projects are completed within contract duration, defined quality and approved budget.
3. Directly responsible for setting out, leveling as well as quality, quantity and cost control of the project and proper administration of contract at site.
4. Attend kick-off and follow-up meeting with contractors and Review project implementation schedule for each contract against contract agreements and initiate the contract extension process if required.
5. Perform QA/QC Checks, in accordance with standard procedures, method statements, quality plans, inspection and test plan to make sure that all materials used and work performed by the contractor works complies with agreed design drawing and technical specifications. In addition to this, he is responsible to observe safety and environmental compliance.
6. Provide data in respect of variation orders and site instructions as well as identify problems and constraints if any and provide technical advice to implementing agency for taking corrective actions in the field.
7. Check and verification of all site plans, profiles, designs and cost estimation of the complete irrigation schemes including all irrigation infrastructures e.g field turnouts, drop structures, culverts, weirs, and community access points
8. Prepare detailed monitoring and evaluation reports which identify strengths and weaknesses of work carried out by contractors. Submit his/her report to Project director for further action.
9. Manage specified tasks independently, particularly in providing all necessary information of the project to the construction team on time.
10. Resolve technical problems at site.
Assist in record keeping and generating progress reports.
12. Report from project sites to the relative supervisor.
13. Prepare progress and financial reports and provides regular reports.
14. Be responsible for the implementation of the irrigation.
15. In collaboration with the forestry and watershed specialist, ensure that environmental mitigation measures are implemented as part of the infrastructure.
16. Promote exchanging ideas, lessons learned with respect to technical, social and considerations.
17. Work closely honestly and diligently to ensure quality control measures are adopted at field level.
18. Writing technical reports.
19. Travel to the sites wherever and whenever required;
20. Perform any other duties as directed by the PIO manager.
Proven experience in Quality control / Quality Assurance of infrastructure related activities
• Experience in use of GPS Auto-Cad and google earth software.
• Ability to prepare operational plans for construction projects.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Excellent analytic capacity and ability to synthesize project outputs and relevant findings for the preparation of quality project reports;
• Ability to speak, read and write technical and conversational English;
• Ability to understand new terminology and concepts easily and to synthesize information from different sources into a coherent project document;
• Skill in negotiating effectively in sensitive situations;
• Skill in achieving results through persuading, influencing and working with others;
• Skill in facilitating meetings effectively and efficiently and to resolve conflicts as they arise;
• Good team player, self-starter, has ability to work under minimum supervision and maintain good relationships.
The candidate must have a Bachelor Degree in civil engineering and water resources engineering from a recognized university with a minimum experience of 3 year experience in design and quality control of irrigation projects. Preference would be given to the candidates having extensive experience in similar regions.