|Date Posted:||Feb 10, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Feb 20, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||25000 - 25000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The NSP Site Engineer ensures the feasibility of the proposed project, but not only the technical feasibility. He has to respect several criteria: social criteria (what kind of problem could happen in the community with this project), financial criteria (does the community have enough budgets for this project), environmental criteria (does the project respect the environment)â€¦
For this project feasibility study, the NSP engineer will have to work closely with the NSP social team to ensure that all feasibility criteria are respected.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To participate actively in monthly and weekly programming with the NSP district team
- To fill the weekly work plan and the weekly report, and to give them to the team leader
- To fill the requested technical reports during the monitoring of the project implementation, and to fill the technical part of the NSP form 7 for each project
- To visit the proposed project location to understand what is the problem and what could be the best solution to solve it
- To propose the adequate technical ways to implement the selected project, closely with the local community and according to the needs identification
- To collect the technical data to prepare the design, the estimation and the project implementation: to realize the technical survey for the proposed project
- To design the project and to prepare the necessary documents (plans, calculations, work planâ€¦)
- To prepare the cost estimation for the project (list and quantity of material to be purchase, budgetâ€¦) according to the constraints and the facilities of the site
- To prepare with details the work organization: list and quantity of the activities, quantity of necessary labours for each activityâ€¦
- To fill the technical part of the NSP form 7 for each sub-project
- To monitor the preparation of the project by the implementing partner
Collaboration with social organizers, facilitators and the CDC members
- To work closely with the NSP â€œsocial teamâ€ and the communities regarding the project preparation: to discuss about the work organization, the availability of the materialsâ€¦
- To support the CDC responsible to manage and monitor the project implementation
- To supervise the project implementation
â€¢ To be graduated from Civil Engineering Faculty,
â€¢ To be able to read, write and speak fluently, English and Local languages.
â€¢ To have enough skills of computer, especially to be able to work on Excel and Word.
â€¢ To be wise, honest, rigorous and hard worker and feel responsibility for his duties.
â€¢ To have at least 2 years work experience in this field.