|Date Posted:||May 16, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 24, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 8 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Founded in 2011, Apex2Consulting is a key player in consulting and advisory services in Afghanistan, bridging the gap between local management approaches and regional and internatonal best practices. As a leading Afghan consultancy firm, Apex2Consulting serves three main sectors namely Public, Private, and Government through provision of high quality services in the areas of: business and management consulting, financial advisory, and policy and reform. Apex2Consulting partners with prominent international consultancy firms and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
Apex2Consulting is managing the Dahan e Dara Dam’ Project in Faryab Province through human resource, procurement and financial management.
Provinces to travel:
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience with professional experience in major infrastructure projects or programmers; preference will be given to minimum two similar Embankment dams, Hydropower, Irrigation network, roads, and Concrete structures.
- Intermediate English level.
- Team Worker.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plays an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed
- Performs on-site supervision and coordination of all self-performed and contracted work.
- Ensures execution of field construction activities in conformance with project drawings, specifications, schedules, cost estimates, procedures, quality requirements and safety standards.
- Oversees the development of project schedules in cooperation with the construction engineers and contractors.
- Ensures that daily and weekly short-range planning is maintained down to the foreman level.
- Reviews design scope and approach, and submits recommendations for change where required.
- Determines manpower levels to attain schedule milestones and monitors manpower levels and craft mixes to ensure conformance with the construction plan.
- Monitors productivity and cost and implements appropriate action to maintain maximum labor productivity and cost-effectiveness.
- Controls change/scope creep, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of work.
- Assists the Site Industrial Relations in the overall administration of labor relations policies.
- Manages the contractual commitments of contractors, including cost, quality, and schedule and coordinates their field activities.
- Plans and manages the projects temporary facilities.
- Maintains quality of all work in accordance with the standards as specified in the design documents
- Ensure effective construction equipment use and maintenance program.
- Ensure an effective plan for the supply and control of tools and supplies.
- Management of administers, trains, and motivates all personnel in construction operations
- Remains knowledgeable of safety policies and procedures and performs assigned duties in a safe manner and, while supervising others, has responsibility for their safety and ensures that they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits
Job Location:Afghanistan, Faryab
- Bachelor Degree in civil Engineering or relevant degree from a recognized university.