|Date Posted:||Nov 18, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Dec 2, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||12 months|
About UN-WFP Afghanistan:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. In 2014, WFP fed over 3.6 million vulnerable Afghans and our operations include: capacity building, Purchase of Progress (P4P), Food Voucher, Food for Assets, Food for Work, Food for Training, Food for Education, Mother-and-Child Health and Nutrition and Emergency Relief. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters.
To provide a full range of skilful site maintenance services including installation, maintenance and repair of electrical equipment/appliances to support safe, comfortable and reliable working environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate and provide a full range of site maintenance and installation works, to ensure preventive maintenance (e.g. for generators, water heaters, water pumps, etc.) is carried out regularly ensuring well-functioning equipment.
- Coordinate pottering and cleaning services, to ensure organized, safe and clean work environment.
- Support deployment of and provide technical supervision to external contractors, to facilitate efficient and cost-effective servicing or intervention for any major electrical installations, maintenance or repairs.
- Install, maintain and repair all kinds of electrical equipment and appliances including wiring and distribution systems, to ensure safe and reliable working environment in compliance with electrical standards.
- Perform regular and ad hoc installations, repairs and maintenance of plumbing systems and components, to ensure all installations meet established safety standards.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory records through physical check and maintenance of lists/database, and arrange disposal of identified equipment and materials, strictly following WFP assets management guidelines.
- Compile and provide accurate reports on works undertaken, services provided, materials procured and used for installations/repairs including accurate generator fuel log books, to support accurate accounting and enable efficient planning for future works/services.
- Contribute to evaluation of required installation/repair works, compare prices of materials, and contribute to planning of future preventive maintenance works, to support efficient and costeffective site maintenance services.
- To provide, installation and maintenance of electrical services for 85 Gens.
- To carry out the installation and maintenance of the electricity wiring and distribution systems for all WFP operation according to the WFP electrical standrads
- To provide technical support for all colleagues in emergency and normal situations throughout the year in any WFP premises for 5 field offices, WH and country office.
- On regular and daily base services ducts, cables, sockets, and lights in any new WFP promies.
- Troubleshooting and electrical expansion work in any WFP existing premises.
- Make period inspections of all Engineering Systems and equipment and monitoring equipment operations and maintain equipment operating logs.
- Manage the WFP FMS (Fleet Management System) and ensure it is 100% updated.
- Review, monitor, and mange WFP available green energy & Solar projects.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Demonstrated qualification in electricity. Completion of technical/vocational school or electrical certification is desirable.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible and proven effective experience in planning and executing specialized electrical installations, maintenance and repair work, and at least one year at G3 level or equivalent.
Knowledge & Skills: • Good knowledge of how to read and understand blue prints and technical diagrams.
• Knowledge of safety precautions.
• Ability to inspect and evaluate equipment/appliances and resolve malfunctioning quickly including ability to perform tests and use the results to diagnose problems.
• Ability to carry out installation of the equipment/appliances expertly and sometimes under difficult and awkward physical circumstances.
• Ability to use hand and power tools.
• Ability to multi-task and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to job requirements.
• Ability to maintain accurate and precise records.
• High sense of responsibility and punctuality.
• Honesty and integrity.
• Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing and draft various correspondence.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to work in a team and provide technical supervision to other staff.
Language: Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Please copy and paste the below link into the browser to access the VA.