|Date Posted:||Jul 12, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Sep 12, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Electrical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||100000 - 150000 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
ZNCC is a leading name in the power-infrastructure segment for the Afghan ministries and utilities and the United States government. With 15 years of experience, we handle and deliver design, supply, construction, transportation, and turnkey power projects with efficacy and precision. Right from scratch to the execution of the projects, our expertise in EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction), O&M (Operations and Maintenance) has made us one of the most sought-after names in the field. Irrespective of how complicated a project is, our performance in the energy and construction sectors is counted among the best in the country. Be it in power transmission, substation, or distribution, we offer holistic EPC services to the core sectors in Afghanistan. For a transparent approach in project management, proper financing, and resource management, get in touch with us.
We are seeking a qualified Site Manager for our substation project based in Helmand province. Under the supervision of the project management team based in the main office, the site manager will be responsible for executing, managing, and monitoring project activities and supervising the team on site.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The site manager is overall responsible for the technical activities of the project and management of the site team.
- Implement the work in accordance with approved plans/drawings and specifications.
- Supervise the progression of the work on-site and ensures successful execution and supervision of on-site activities.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking the team expenses, and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
- Maximize resource efficiency through procurement and effective management of labor, materials, machinery, and equipment.
- Manage all the resources required for completion of the project including project staff, subcontractors, machinery, and equipment.
- Overall financial management of the project expenses including machinery rents, fuel expense, waste of material and other resources.
- Ensure that construction activities move according to a pre-determined schedule.
- Establish teamwork, encourage the team and increase personnel morality toward the company goals.
- Develop daily and weekly plans in compliance with the project schedule and put it on the ground by distributing task to the personnel.
- Manage the quality control, safety, administration/finance, and logistics of the project by leading the team and monitoring their performances.
- Solve the project problems and provide technical solutions for project personnel.
- Coordinate with the main office to provide required resources on time including personnel, material, equipment and project expenses.
- Report to the main office the project progress, problems, and anticipated solutions and getting instructions for solutions of the problems.
- Estimate and request all needed materials from the main office during construction work on the site.
- Ensures materials and equipment received meet contract specifications and are properly inventoried and stored.
- Works closely with the PM and QC to develop and maintain quality checklists, registers, logs, and other tracking and monitoring tools.
- Ensure project documents are complete.
- Other activities as required from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil/structural engineering, electrical engineering, or construction management (electrical engineering preferred.)
- Minimum 5 to 7 years work experience as Site Manager for Power projects -substations/transmission lines - (preferably in USACE funded HV Electrical projects).
- Ability to read contract documents and ensure projects are meeting contractual requirements
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to work with and guide others on project-related activities.
- Project planning and scheduling skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Helmand
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their CVs along with a cover letter to Jobs@zncc.com no later than 12-Sep-2021. The subject line of the email must be as (ZNCC/VA-64/2021)