|Date Posted:||Feb 9, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Mar 9, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Functional Area:||Construction Management,Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
ZNCC is a leading name in the power-infrastructure segment for the Afghan ministries and utilities and the United States government. With 15 years of experience, we handle and deliver design, supply, construction, transportation, and turnkey power projects with efficacy and precision. Right from scratch to the execution of the projects, our expertise in EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction), O&M (Operations and Maintenance) has made us one of the most sought-after names in the field. Irrespective of how complicated a project is, our performance in the energy and construction sectors are counted among the best in the country. Be it in power transmission, substation, or distribution, we offer holistic EPC services to the core sectors in Afghanistan. For a transparent approach in project management, proper financing, and resource management, get in touch with us.
The incumbent is responsible for managing and performing overall Quality Control functions/activities of the project on the site. He will also be responsible for direct oversight, review, and provision of proper documentation and physical inspections of different phases of construction. He will work in coordination with other site staff and external personnel to produce and document all quality control related reports and submittals for the projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise Quality Control functions/activities of the project including quality control inspections, supervision of the sub‐contractors in the areas of monitoring, contract compliance, quality assurance, safety, and collection of quality records.
- Check and study scope of work, technical requirements, site plan drawings, and specifications.
- Supervise and allocate QC engineers to various areas of the project site.
- Review shop drawings and submittals for conformance with project specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and experience of others in the project team when necessary.
- Chair and document weekly QC meetings with the Client and site staff and provide written minutes as described in the project's specific contract documents.
- Provide daily QC reports on the activities that are in progress in conformance with each specific standard from the project specifications and constructively confront nonconformances to produce the desired outcome in a timely manner.
- Conduct preparatory, initial, and follow up meetings to establish an understanding of the standards and the level of care desired for each definable feature of work.
- Conduct pre-construction meetings with new and existing subcontractors and the superintendent at least two days prior to the start of each new phase of the work to discuss issues that affect the quality
- Coordinate and document the testing and commissioning of building systems.
- Support the construction team in the management and control of subcontractors
- Verify and ensure that all materials received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal, are handled and stored appropriately, and are acceptable for use in the project.
- Ensure that all tests are performed on the site as per requirements and reported to the main office on daily basis properly.
- Ensure that all works are carried out as per (USACE) approved method statements and drawings.
- Prepare project closeout documents that include O&M manuals, as-built drawings, and warranties to complete the project closeout phase.
- Any other job-related tasks that shall be assigned by the management.
- B.S. degree in engineering or construction management, electrical engineering preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience as Site QC Manager (preferably in USACE funded HV Electrical projects).
- Shall have sound knowledge of all civil and electrical tests, including HV systems.
- Shall be familiar with QC requirements for HV Transmission Lines and Substations.
- Having updated CQM certification will be an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Wardak, Kandahar, Helmand
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their CVs along with a cover letter to Jobs@zncc.com no later than 9-Mar-2021. The subject line of the email must be as Site QC Manager ZNCC/VA-48/2021.