|Date Posted:||Oct 6, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Oct 26, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 10 Years|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With over 1,100 employees, FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches. The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about 180,000 (men and women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
The Consultant will impart classroom training on fundamental SME/Non-Funded Facilities products that serve as a basis for conducting SME banking. The workshop should give a detailed product perspective for the most commonly available SME Banking/Non-Funded facilities products and once the understanding is developed, it should provide participants a comprehensive overview of how to build a successful Non-Funded facilities strategy to raise the performance of the bank. Participants from various levels within a bank, different functional responsibilities (front, middle and back offices) will equally benefit from the product knowledge that will be delivered.
Requires travel to provinces:
- He/she should have carried out similar training assignments in the past.
- He/she must have in-depth knowledge and practical experience of non-fund based facilities reflected by employment experience with leading banks with proven experience in developing relevant offerings, pricing strategies, and retailing procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The specific topics to be covered during the program must include detailed sessions on (but not limited to):
- Introduction to non-fund based facilities and their advantage.
- Imports: Letter of Credits, Documentary Collection, Registration of Import Contracts, Advance Payment.
- Exports: Negotiation, Discounting, Documentary Collection, Finance against Foreign Bill.
- FIM (Finance against Imported Merchandize.
- FATR - (Finance against Trust receipt.
- FAFB – (Finance against Foreign Bills).
- FDBP – (Foreign Documentary Bills Purchased).
- IDBP – Inland Bills Discounting.
- Bank Guarantees: All kinds of Local as well as Foreign Guarantees.
- Local Trade: Inland Letter of Credits, Back-to-Back Letter of Credits, Local Bill Discounting etc.
- Inventory financing facilities.
- Contractor financing.
- Import and export financing - Front office (structuring, product development and selling) and back office /operations.
- Bridge financing.
- LPO financing.
- Export factoring (companies receive funds against invoices or accounts receivable).
- Forfaiting (purchasing the receivables or traded goods from an exporter).
The key deliverables must include:
- 5-day classroom training workshop per group to be conducted for three groups in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- End-to-end documentation associated with at least three SME/Non-Funded facilities products (to be discussed/agreed with FMFB-A Management).
- Risk adjusted pricing/Fees and Charges/ Parameters to define different types of commissions and charges in the core banking system.
- Key reference materials, handouts of information discussed in the training sessions, relevant supporting documents and case studies (if any) will be distributed amongst the participants.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Master’s Degree
- Relevant professional training and certification desirable.
- The consultant should have at least 15 years’ experience in Non-Funded facilities development/management
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for this position. Please send us your CV along with a cover letter via email (email@example.com).