|Date Posted:||Sep 16, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Oct 1, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With Near 1,500 employees, FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches. The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about to 180,000 (men and women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated 'SME Relationship Officer' to join us who possesses excellent business development skills with a hunger to succeed. Reporting to the SME Sales Manager, the aim of this role will be to spearhead loan client acquisition for the branch and to originate quality loans of up to $250,000 for medium and high-income borrowers, attract commercial customer and able to cross-sell FX, Deposits, BGs, Payrolls and LCs.
With a positive attitude in everything, you do and every relationship you build, you will be passionate about assisting clients with their financial needs through appropriate loan products. More importantly, you will ensure that the customer gets the right loan / banking needs, at the right price, for the right purpose. Obviously, cash flow analysis, repayment capacity assessment, and collateral management is all part of the job. Do not worry, we provide extensive and excellent training programs to ensure that you are able to fulfil your job requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The SME relationship officer role is multi-faceted and includes:
- Recruiting new clients; assessing customer needs, introducing different types of loans and banking product.
- Explaining the loan process to potential clients and verifying clients’ eligibility for a loan.
- Going and satisfaction throughout the underwriting process.
- Interviewing applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans and finding applicants' banking needs.
- Carrying out risk assessment by collecting detailed information on each client through meetings and field visits (home, business, suppliers, customers, guarantors, community) and loan appraisal (financial analysis, repayment capacity, tenure, collateral, etc).
- Updating the required data in the Bank's Loan Management System.
- Preparing Loan Appraisal Report for Credit Committee meeting; collecting and/or filling documents for guarantees.
- Checking the proper use of the funds disbursed.
- Loan monitoring including periodic site visits and ensuring timely repayments.
- Going the “extra mile” to build relationships, and customer loyalty.
- Operating in compliance with relevant/prevailing FMFB policies/procedures; and full alignment with the audit recommendations.
Given the nature of the business, you will be a graduate and probably be in the 25 to 35 years age bracket. A degree in business administration is desirable. In order to succeed in this role you require a strong background in service industry coupled with experience of dealing with business owners. You will have a successful track-record in a frontline role, ideally in banking but experience in another commercially driven environment will certainly be considered. The position requires you to be highly customer-driven, responsive, and enthusiastic with the ability to work cooperatively with a broad spectrum of people both inside and outside the Bank. Strong communication skills are essential.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for this position. Please send us your CV along with a cover letter via email (email@example.com).
Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy ID as the subject line.
Note that, only the candidates who are meeting the requirements of the position will be shortlisted.