|Date Posted:||Sep 28, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Oct 7, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) started its operation in 2004 and is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has financial institutions operating in over 15 countries throughout the developing world. It is affiliated with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of nine development agencies working in health, education, culture and rural economic development primarily in Asia and Africa.
Our primary objective in Afghanistan is to contribute to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services to the poor and underserved. Since 2016, we are a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of the banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values- based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
FMFB-A sought to consolidate its position as Afghanistan’s leading financial service provider. As of December 2021, FMFB-A with over AFN 4 billion (61% market share) is the market leader in terms of Portfolio. The bank has over 230,000 active clients - including the borrowers and savers who do not necessarily save to accumulate assets but often seek to smooth consumption when a family’s income is irregular.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated 'SME Relationship Officer' in Mazar and Herat Region to join us who possesses excellent business development skills with a hunger to succeed. Reporting to the SME Sales Manager, the aim of this role will be to spearhead loan client acquisition for the branch and to originate quality loans of up to $250,000 for medium and high-income borrowers, attract commercial customer and able to cross-sell FX, Deposits, BGs, Payrolls and LCs. With a positive attitude in everything, you do and every relationship you build, you will be passionate about assisting clients with their financial needs through appropriate loan products. More importantly, you will ensure that the customer gets the right loan / banking needs, at the right price, for the right purpose. Obviously, cash flow analysis, repayment capacity assessment, and collateral management is all part of the job. Do not worry, we provide extensive and excellent training programs to ensure that you are able to fulfil your job requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The SME relationship officer role is multi-faceted and includes:
- Recruiting new clients; assessing customer needs, introducing different types of loans and banking product.
- Explaining the loan process to potential clients and verifying clients’ eligibility for a loan.
- Going and satisfaction throughout the underwriting process.
- Interviewing applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans and finding applicants' banking needs.
- Carrying out risk assessment by collecting detailed information on each client through meetings and field visits (home, business, suppliers, customers, guarantors, community) and loan appraisal (financial analysis, repayment capacity, tenure, collateral, etc).
- Updating the required data in the Bank's Loan Management System.
- Preparing Loan Appraisal Report for Credit Committee meeting; collecting and/or filling documents for guarantees.
- Checking the proper use of the funds disbursed.
- Loan monitoring including periodic site visits and ensuring timely repayments.
- Going the “extra mile” to build relationships, and customer loyalty.
- Operating in compliance with relevant/prevailing FMFB policies/procedures; and full alignment with the audit recommendations.
- Having a Bachelor degree in business administration.
- In order to succeed in this role, you require a strong background in service industry coupled with experience of dealing with business owners.
- You will have a successful track-record in a frontline role, ideally in banking but experience in another commercially driven environment will certainly be considered.
- The position requires you to be highly customer-driven, responsive, and enthusiastic with the ability to work cooperatively with a broad spectrum of people both inside and outside the Bank.
- Strong communication skills are essential.