|Date Posted:||Oct 30, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 30, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About FHI360/ NHTAP Project:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of SBC Specialist for an anticipated multiyear USAID National Health Technical Assistance Program (NHTAP) in Afghanistan. The activity aims to improve health outcomes through improved utilization of high-impact, sustainable, accessible, and quality health and nutrition services across Afghanistan. The program will enhance the Afghan Ministry of Public Health’s capacity to support the health systems and policies required to provide high-quality services across Afghanistan and ultimately improve health outcomes among Afghans nationally.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
The SBC Specialist will provide technical and scientific leadership to those designing, and implementing technical strategies, programs or tools in Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC). S/he will provide technical advice based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence- based SBCC methods and strategies, current practice, and established operational and research standards to ensure quality and rigorous design. The SBC Specialist will build SBCC capacity in country-level, government, partners and project / program staff; assess current SBCC technical, scientific, managerial and operational efficiencies at the program, regional, or global levels as appropriate and provide guidance to ensure that SBCC program implementation adheres to appropriate technical standards and guidelines and that programs are technically sound.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide technical leadership in design, development and execution of SBCC capacity strengthening.
· Provide global scientific leadership by staying current of evolving SBCC technical standards, guidelines, and program developments in area of expertise.
· Responsible for sharing best practices in SBCC and contribute to the knowledge base through participation in scientific forums and technical networks.
· Share new knowledge/evidence and best practices through collaboration with relevant departments and personnel.
· Develop tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
· Ensure that project implementation adheres to the appropriate project as well as global strategies and remains technically sound.
· Ensure the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels.
· Conduct routine coordination with employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Master’s Degree or its international equivalent in Communications, Public health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International development.
· 7 up to 10 years of relevant experience in management of and technical direction to SBCC projects and/or programs.
· Has ability to provide technical direction to projects, ensure high quality SBCC outputs and impact, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of SBCC activities.
· Thought leadership in SBCC and demonstrated experience in advancing the field.
· Strong new business development experience in SBCC.
· Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
· Effectively applies knowledge of SBCC to solve range of problems.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluency in local language
Qualified female candidates particularly encouraged to apply.