|Date Posted:||Aug 7, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 28, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO):
The Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO) is a social marketing and behavioral change communication organization established in August 2008. ASMO as a free-standing, not-for-profit Afghan organization aims to create positive health outcomes by giving Afghan households the information they need to make informed and healthy choices and expanding access to high quality health products through commercial markets.
The ASMO’s vision is to serve as a partner for a better life in Afghanistan where families and communities are empowered to protect and improve their health and social well-beings; where markets for health products are vibrant and expanding and where consumer awareness of healthy choices, access to affordable health products and social services steadily improves and is increasingly sustainable.
ASMO strives to design and implement effective and integrated health and social marketing interventions intended to improve the overall well-being of the country’s population, especially women and children; while stimulating and increasing private commercial sector participation. It is fully committed to improving the quality of life of Afghans by providing needed key health and social issue information, training and quality affordable health care products, services and behavior change solutions using innovative marketing, communication and community outreach approaches in collaboration between the public and private sector stakeholders.
ASMO is currently working as a sub-contractor with Abt Associate Inc under SHOPS Plus/USAID project (The Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector Plus.
Core Value (CLEAR)
Our Core Values (Guiding everything we do at ASMO)
We aim to make a large-scale sustainable impact, and are accountable and trustworthy in keeping our promises
Learning and leading:
Staying tuned to those with unmet needs, we listen to, create and share new thoughts and ideas in a spirit of openness, humility, caring and empathy while ensuring access to high quality, affordable solutions, and enabling behavior change
We relate to all with integrity, ethics, transparency, and respect. We foster an inspiring, non-discriminatory and gender-friendly work place for the people to be the best they can be. We adopt an eco-friendly approach to sustainable healthcare
Knowing NO one can do it alone; developing the right partnerships and collaborations for success
On-the-ground results are critical to success. We act with urgency, speed, innovativeness and efficiency.
The Social Marketing Manager is responsible for the success and sustainability of Sales, Marketing and SBCC functions. In this capacity, the incumbent ensures the attainment of ASMO strategic objectives of enhancing access to and demand for life-saving maternal and child health products through the private sector. S/he takes overall responsibility for the proper functioning of the sales, marketing and SBCC interventions including overall planning, management and implementation of focused and innovative products’ marketing and SBCC activities, within pre-agreed budgetary limits while utilizing the available human resources optimally.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops/revises and implements marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve ASMO objectives for the current and new products and/or services.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales human resource objectives by recruiting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions including enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Determines annual revenue plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and revenue for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and cost-recovery by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Guide marketing team to design, pretest and development of innovative, culturally sensitive and appealing branded and generic IEC/BCC messages and materials
· Identify and collaborate with various Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and Community Based Organizations (CBOs) with reproductive, maternal and child health activities for establishing potential business partnerships
· Ensure recommendations from DHS, KAP and other relevant research studies are utilized in order to promote brand awareness and use of social marketing products
· Update sales and marketing MIS to monitor sales and marketing activities, utilization of PoP and other marketing support materials on monthly basis
· Prepare and submit relevant reports of the functional activities related to sales and marketing on a monthly/quarterly basis
· Carry out any other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the Supervisor
Education & Qualifications: A master degree in sales, marketing and business administration from a registered university in-country or abroad
Industry Experience: A minimum of seven years of experience in sales and marketing management with national and international entities
Technical: Experience in developing marketing strategy/plan for health products and fast moving consumable goods (FMCG) is essential. Familiarity with marketing of health and pharmaceutical products is preferable. Proven leadership and motivational skills to inspire performance
Management: Articulate, professional, with a track record in achieving sales, financial and non-financial targets
Technology: Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and office package
Language skills: Ability to communicate effectively in both local languages as well as a strong command over English language
Communication skills: Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation