|Date Posted:||Oct 18, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Oct 31, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Social Mobilization,Social Science ,Management,Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry Of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock:
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development of communities.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish Main Central Program Management Office (CPMO) to centralize different existing ADB Funded Projects effective 01 February 2018. CPMO will be a permanent office to provide operationally (Administration, Finance, Procurement, Reporting, Technical and Monitoring and Evaluation) Support to all existing and forthcoming projects of ADB within the MAIL.
The Lower Kokcha Irrigation Scheme Project (LKISP-T2) in Water Resources Development Investment Program (WRDIP-T2) to be implemented by Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is designed to rehabilitate and improve the secondary and associated tertiary canals structures in two irrigation zones; (i) Zone I located in the district of Imam Sahib (Kunduz province), comprises a gross area of 51,760 ha, and is irrigated by the Imam Sahib canal system which is supplied by the Shahrawan offtake on the Amu Darya river; (ii) Zone II located in the districts of Dasht-eArchi (Kunduz province) and Khawaja Ghar (Takhar province), has a gross area of 27,900 ha, and is irrigated by the Archi Main canal which has a free intake on the Kokcha river. Improvement of two canals will result in reliable irrigation supplies to 74,300 ha in the Lower Kokcha Irrigation Scheme (LKIS). This includes an additional 3,000 ha of land that was formally out of command due to inadequate supply from the Archi Main canal and jaded canal, and the reclamation of 2,000 ha of land that is currently waterlogged.
The position of Social Organizer will be working under the direct supervision of the PIU Manager and as well as project manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Contact Mirab of the respective irrigation scheme, and arrange introductory and rapport Building Meetings with farmers
2. Prepare list of shareholders (farmers), DAIL and CDC to collect Social Economic data prior and during survey of Irrigation Packages.
3. Conduct Walk-through survey along the existing watercourse/irrigation scheme in the presence of Mirab, CDC, Irrigation Associations and other community elders to document scheme related specific data, and report any issue that could probably prevent the rehabilitation work at any stage of the project
4. Assist in holding of elections for electing executive body of the IAs, collect membership fee and open a bank account for the association
5. To convene communities to clearly outline role and contribution of the project and IA in IAs formation.
6. To register IAs with the ID/ MAIL formally as per the approved IA's by-laws
7. To identify potential leaders and/or organizers, and encourage them for cleaning of the canal
8. To motivate and encourage potential leaders to talk to their fellow community members about unity and self-reliance.
9. To initiate actions aimed at breaking down passivity, apathy and attitudes of letting others do things for them.
10. To raise awareness that community members themselves can move each community out of poverty by catering cooperation in implementation of civil work packages, demo plots and to show them ways they can do this for themselves.
11. To educate the community elders about project objectives and ensuring them that they are working for their benefits and wellbeing.
12. To assist community members to identify needs and to generate solutions, identifying priority issues and to analyze their problems.
13. To develop trust, tolerance and co-operation among community members.
14. To assist the community in obtaining available outside resources, warning of the negative effects of becoming too dependent upon outside resources.
15. To encourage and stimulate full participation by all community members; with special attention to those who are usually forgotten, marginalized and overlooked in community decision making.
16. To arrange conducive environment for all stakeholders to oversee the implementation of civil work packages from site selection to closure of the project.
17. To perform any other task assigned by the irrigation project Director.
1. Candidates should have Bachelor degree in Sociology, Agriculture, Management, Education and Engineering
2. Candidates must have at least 4 years’ of relevant experience
3. Ability to read, write and speak in local languages.
4. Previous mobilization experience or training.
5. Skills, training and/or experience in management, social animation, and/or extension, social research, adult education, acting, journalism.
6. Skills of using personal computer and internet.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kunduz
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to this emails; email@example.com
Address: Jamal Mina, District 0#3 Karte Sakhi Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan
*No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title and vacancy number in the subject line of the email. *Only selected candidates will be called for written test.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.