|Date Posted:||Feb 22, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Mar 9, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||6|
|Functional Area:||Public Relations|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The NSP Social Organizer is reporting to the District Manager. He/she is responsible to:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist the community in the establishment of their own Community Development Council (CDC) based on the election guidelines outlined in the NSP Operational Manual.
2. Chair the first CDC meeting where CDC officials will be elected (chairperson, vice chairperson, secretary and treasurer)
3. Identify the training needs of the community institutions, and report to the District Manager for arranging training programs in response to these needs.
4. Assist and advise the Community Development Council in the planning process of their community development plans, based on the NSP conceptual framework described in the NSP Operational Manual, and summarized in the NSP training and manual and other NSP guidelines.
5. Help the CDC to mobilize community resources to be contributed towards the NSP project.
6. Providing all data and information regarding NSP project activities after implementation of each step and phase.
7. Preparing of social part of community projects proposal and related forms and documents.
8. Organizing of all CDCs and communities according to NSP operation manual.
9. Supervision, training, plan, report and of local facilitator in the field.
10. Other task and duties assigned by supervisor.
1. University degree in social science, education, psychology or relevant field/ or equivalent practical experiences.
2. Full knowledge of Pashto and Dari, English will be preferred.
3. Excellent communication, written and oral skills.
4. A minimum of two years experience in community based programs or NSP.
5. Personal interest, flexibility and willingness to work in rural areas.
6. Ability to work in difficult environment, under pressure and limited time frame.
7. The experienced couple are encouraged to apply for this post.