|Date Posted:||May 15, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 19, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||6|
|Functional Area:||Civil Society ,Services ,General|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade FAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Relief International:
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services we laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—ehilmphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
About Citizen Charter:
The Citizens’ Charter National Priority Program (CCNPP) is the flagship Program of the National Unity Government (NUG) of Afghanistan proposed for a period of 10 years. The Citizens’ Charter Afghanistan Project (CCAP) is that portion of the CCNPP that is being financed by the World Bank/ International Development Association (WB/IDA) and the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) for the first phase. The Citizens’ Charter is an important foundation for the Government’s reform agenda, contributing to a number of priority areas including: Ensuring Citizens’ Development Rights; Building Better Governance; Reforming Development Planning & Management and Developing Partnerships. The Charter commits to deliver the following core services across the country over a 10 year period: • Basic health services • Basic education access • Safe drinking water and sanitation • Improved farming technologies and the delivery of extension services • Rural connectivity with tertiary roads • Rural renewable energy.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Report-writing skills in, Dari, Pashto and English;
- Able to take part in conflict resolutions
- Fluency in the National Languages (English language skills are not highly demanded);
- Proven ability to effectively solve problems and respond quickly to changing environments;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities effectively
- Able to travel extensively to the project sites
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organize first contact with district and village's authorities
- Mobilize and sensitize communities on CCNPP and introduce the project to district and community level.
- Raise awareness of communities regarding Citizens’ Charter
- Facilitate Elections
- Facilitate Clustering/GAs
- Support CDCs/GAs and CCDCs to establish Bank Accounts or sub-accounts
- Support CDCs/GAs and CCDCs in creating community profiles
- Facilitate participatory tools to feed into planning and support CDCs/GAs and CCDCs in gap analysis for creating participatory and pro-poor and inclusive Community Development Plans
- Support Sub-Committees to perform their roles and responsibilities and assist them in self-evaluations
- Build Capacity of CDCs/ and Cluster CDCs/GAs and all sub-committees to perform their roles and responsibilities
- Facilitate interest and self-help groups in communities, with a focus on poor men and women and marginalized and excluded groups
- Reports to District Manager of FP and updating on activities, accomplishments and issues
- Report misalignments in terms of CC implementation including – but not limited to – corruption/fraud/collusion/diversion/theft /misbehavior and security issues.
- Assess training needs of the CDCs and sub-committees in mid-stream and adjust refresher training
- Conducting a detailed assessment of the CDCs.
- Ensure inclusion into CCAP program; particularly vulnerable individuals including – but not limited to – the poor, single females or single female head of households, individuals with disabilities and children.
- Social organizers have the most important role in all community level facilitation and their work must be strategic to ensure that the community level (CDCs and their sub-committees, and the interest groups) as well as cluster community level platforms (CCDCs and their subcommittees) become spaces in which transparent, accountable, inclusive and pro-poor development processes are practiced and institutionalized.
- Any other official tasks given by line manager
Job Location:Afghanistan, Ghazni
- Higher education in relevant subjects or Baccalaureate degree
- Three years experience in community development and social work with involvement in NSP program and CDCs
- Fluent in (oral, reading and writing) local languages; both Pashto and Dari
- Able to travel to remote parts of the district for the project implementation
- Able to stay regularly in the field (district)
- Particular experience in community mobilization
- Committed to the mission, approach and values
- Self driven with the ability to maintain a strong work ethic
- Team player with high level of facilitation skill
- Hard worker under the high pressure situation