|Date Posted:||Jun 28, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 4, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Statistics and Information Authority:
Background National Statistics and Information Authority (NSIA) was established in year 1351 as an independent governmental administration to create an integrated scientific system for statistics, ensuring harmonization and coordination of all statistical and information management activities of Afghanistan. Since its establishment, NSIA conducts population census and national statistical surveys and coordinates with partners including government institutions, international development partners, non-governmental organizations, research institutions and agencies other than state to prevent duplication of information and statistics. NSIA collaborates with national government agencies in collection, compilation and publication of statistical information including data and statistics derived from their activities. Also NSIA independently collects, compiles, analyses and publishes national commercial, financial, social, economic, environmental, information technology and in general the living condition of Afghan nation. National Statistics and Information Authority (NSIA) supports and promotes the development of integrated social and economic statistics nationwide. NSIA also provides technical support to other agencies and facilitates standard procedures for conducting research such as sampling frames. To fulfil the requirement and need of modern statistical demands, NSIA is mandated to introduce reforms in the area of organizational development. NSIA coordinates and collaborates with partner agencies to establish standards and framework for unified data and information management. Currently on-going efforts are underway to further strengthen NSIAs institutional capacity to adapt and utilize organizational development best-practices to adapt to fast-changing and required growth of NSIA. The National Geo-Informatics Center in Afghanistan is responsible for national level of Geo-Spatial activities, developing policies, Geo-Spatial standards, and the sustainable use of its extensive natural resources. In order to make informed decisions, the policy makers, technicians, scientists and others need timely and authoritative data and the means to analyze and understand this information and the conditions, trends and other insights it can Bring. Most of the Geo spatial data that exists in Afghanistan is scattered across many organizations within the government, United Nations agencies and many other government, non-government and international organizations. The government has recognized the need to address this issue and has established a National Geo-Informatics Centre (NGIC) program within the Central Statistical Organization. Based on the decree No (656), 2018 of His Excellency President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, the GIS Coordination Deputy President General office was established. Currently the GIS is one of the important departments of NSIA. The National Statistics and Information Authority (NSIA) is the leading national geo spatial science organization with a focus on both public good science for government and geo-scientific research to understand earth and environmental processes. To have harmonize, consistent and fair pay framework for all NTA in the country, to assure fiscal sustainability up to possible extend, to increase government control over deliverables of National Technical Assistance (NTA) including but not limited to strengthening the government ability to hire national contractors though the national budget of the country and to avoid competition with CBR and assuring transparency and accountability; NSIA is committed to hire below position based on NTA salary scale.
Software Developer will work in close collaboration with the technical team in coordinating and managing cross-sectoral technology initiatives and projects. The incumbent will assist in assessing, reviewing and developing strategies, guidelines and concepts for technology solutions; conducting processes mapping and integrating technology in the new and/or existing processes; and design information systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The recruited incumbent will support the work of National Statistics and Information Authority and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
● Contribute in development of the information management systems
● use open source programming languages and database management systems for development
● help in producing reports and analyze data based on needs.
● Contribute in Extend, optimize and maintain the existing developed systems at NSIA.
● Document the development process, architecture, and components.
● Unit test each developed component
● Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
● Follow the best practices and defined standards by the senior team.
● Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
● Essential: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
● Desirable: Any International Certification, training and practical experience in Java, Springboot, MicroServices, RDBMS & NoSQL Databases, Statistical System, JS, Angular 2+ and Python are considered as an asset.
● Should be familiar with Linux OS.
● Must have basic experience with Java and Spring Boot framework.
● Must have basic experience with Angular 2+
● Must have experience with open source RDBMS
● Better to have experience in software security and testing.
● Knowledge of API design and development
● Ability to search and resolve issues.
● Good communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal skills).
● Ability to work in a team.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and working knowledge of national languages i.e. Dari and Pashto
● A broad understanding of current web standards & tools and the interest in and ability to quickly learn new technical skills is essential