|Date Posted:||May 7, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Aug 7, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Computer Science,Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||20000 - 25000 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghan Bureau Collaboration Office (ABCO):
ABCO is seeking for a Software Developer/Programmer to develop a Fuel Management System/Software for a number of Fuel/Gas Stations. Job location is based in our Kabul office.
Software developer is required to develop a Fuel Management System to automatically record the daily sales/distributed liters of fuel to the customers without the manual need of entering data by person.
Currently, this data is collected manually from the sites by filling the forms and then entered into Ms. Excel to calculate the quantity of liters of fuel distributed and the amount of sales made. But an automation system is required to recognize the fuel flow meter digits at the fuel dispensers automatically through OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology. And data is entered and calculated into the software automatically. Without the need of manually entering those data by person.
Candidates who feel they have the capability in helping us in developing such a software may apply for this position. Software is needed to be developed, tested onsite, continuously improved, developed further, updated and maintained. Software, after being fully developed, will be installed in a number of Fuel/Gas stations to perform as a high quality, trusted Fuel Management System.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- High quality development and testing,
- Designing, coding and testing program modules that meet design specifications
- Debugging, issue tracking, bug fixing
- Preparing documentation about software development cycle
- Implement the unit tests for the implementations, assisting in the creation of test scripts; executing and documenting the tests necessary to ensure that an application or technical environment meets performance requirements
- Creating analysis document and requirement handling
- Development competence in technical domain
- Develops an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) system to recognize fuel flow-meter digits
- Develops a system, integrated into the software applicable for the purpose of the business implementation processes
- Facilitate technical discussions
- Develops and maintains in-depth understanding of existing business processes and applications
- Reviews and contributes to the definition of functional requirements
- Identifies technical options for providing operational support or resolving applications or system problems
- Reviews system performance and recommends approaches improving overall performance
- Translates functional requirements into technical requirement
- Reviews and analyzes software metrics such as complexity and performance
- Stays current with technology industry trends
- Actively participates in information sharing activities
- Identifies and disseminates “best practice” in development and maintenance of applications and systems
- Ensures software fits within architectural framework and adheres to technology standards
- Getting the developed software into an online interactive web platform.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Engineering, Programming, or any other relevant field for Software Development and Programming.
- Min. 3 years experience in software development. References of the Softwares developed or worked on, may be asked.
- Have the knowledge and experience of using and integrating Optical Character Recognition (OCR) into the software.
- Experience and knowledge in software development tools
- Strong programming skills
- Adaptive; responsive for on-demand changes.
Interested candidates can apply through email by sending their CVs to the enclosed email address below: