|Date Posted:||Oct 30, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 13, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Computer Science|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Finance:
Directorate General for Treasury is working under Deputy Minister of Finance. The constitution of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan states in its article 42: “Every kind of tax, duty as well as paid incomes shall be deposited to a single state account.” The Directorate General for Treasury is the implementing body of this constitutional requirement.
Article No 7 of Afghanistan’s Public Finance Management Law defines the scope of activities of the Treasury Directorate as follows:
1. Efficient management of the State's financial resources through a centralization of budgetary revenues, efficient financial planning and timely management of budget expenditure.
2. Managing the consolidate Fund;
3. Implementing and managing the treasury bank accounts and payment procedures, which include the Treasury Single Account and official bank accounts through defining the Treasury Single Account structure of accounts and sub accounts, and ensuring necessary cooperation for activating treasury accounts including opening and closing bank accounts.
4. Implementing financial plans;
5. Managing cash assets;
6. Implementing the budget and performing expenditure controls in accordance with revenue and expenditure plans and providing information pertaining to funds, assets and commitments, appropriations and allotments in accordance with the provisions of this law and other Treasury instructions.
7. Maintaining the Treasury General Ledger and recording transactions according to budget classification and accounting rules compliant with internationally accepted standards and principles;
8. Providing regular reports on the implementation of the State's budget and other financial matters for the Ministry of Finance
9. Upon the confirmation of the Ministry of Finance, issuing necessary instructions covering the relevant affairs.
10. Performing management for the debts of the state
11. Compilation of the annual accounts of the financial operations of state including appropriation accounts and financial statements
12. Managing and controlling the affairs related to pro cessing of expenditures and other treasury related responsibilities in the Mustufiats of centre and provinces
13. Performing other responsibilities delegated in accordance with provisions of this law.”
This Directorate General organizes its activities in three directorates “Payments, Accounting, Cash planning and Afghanistan Financial Management Information System (AFMIS).
We are seeking a seasoned hands-on web development lead to develop and shape next generation web platform and technologies. The lead will work with other team members to build API’s, website and portals primarily on the Microsoft technology stack. The lead will design and build high-quality enterprise software for scale and performance, easier support and maintenance using an iterative process. The lead will establish best practices in code and release management and enforce them using automation and code reviews. You will partner with other IT teams, architects and technical operations team to build the next generation software. The lead will participate in requirements gathering, end user support and brainstorming sessions to build high quality, scalable solutions up to specifications.
·Extensive experience in the design, development and implementation of complex and distributed database systems
· Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2016
· Strong knowledge of web programming languages (.NET, ASP, PHP, Java) and web development
· In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
· Strong Knowledge of Web services development (Web APIs)
· Sound knowledge of system analysis and design processes
· Excellent analytical and organization skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ensuring that the team members perform the activities set forth as per their duties and responsibilities
· Determination and implementation of standards and procedures on how-to design, develop, test, implement and maintain the in-house software systems and databases
· Administration, management and maintenance of existing and future in-house built software systems and databases
·Optimize and maintain legacy systems
· Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues
· Ensuring high availability of developed software systems and databases
· Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
· Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
· Liaise with developers to improve application performance through query optimization and establish best practices
· Code back-end stored procedures, functions, triggers on the application database
· Code database-level scheduled jobs
· Optimize the performance of reports
· Develop Excel-based standard report generation
· Provide data management support to users
· Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to the challenges
· Ensure all database programs meet the requirements
· Perform any other duties assigned by the management
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor of Computer Science (BCs/ MCs (Desirable) or related discipline (Certification in Microsoft or any other)
Experience: 4-6 Years’ Experience.