|Date Posted:||Jul 31, 2019|
|Reference:||MCIT/Asan Khedmat – 7/31/19|
|Closing Date:||Aug 8, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
About Ministry of communication and IT:
The Government of Afghanistan has established a new initiative called Asan Khedmat, which operates under the auspices of the Ministry of Communication, Information Technology (MCIT), and is a one-stop shop for public services. Asan Khedmat will contribute to improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Afghan Government and enhance the responsiveness to the needs of the Afghan citizen. The center will deliver quality services in an inexpensive and timely manner and improve the relation between the citizens and the government. The effect will be to strengthen the democratic system in Afghanistan.
The government of Azerbaijan will provide technical support in all aspects of this initiative.
The development and implementation of the initiative will involve:
1. Construction of an administration building and the Asan Khedmat Centers in Kabul and throughout the country.
3. Administrative structures and capacity building
4. Information Technology
5. Process simplification of public services
The software engineer will work under the technical department of Asan Khedmat in collaboration with related departments and will be responsible for programming and implementation of the software systems for Asan Khedmat and relevant clients of Asan Khedmat (government entities).
Requires travel to provinces:
1. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
2. Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
3. Records maintenance skills.
4. Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
5. Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
6. Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills.
7. Knowledge of office management principles and procedures.
8. Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
9. Knowledge of human resources administration principles and practices.
10. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
11. Knowledge of administrative policies and procedures as applied to Asan Khedmat.
12. Knowledge of Dari or Pashto and English languages are required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Software Engineer will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Develops, in collaboration with the Sen. Software Engineer, software solutions by studying needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
2. Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
3. Collaborates to develop specifications and determine operational feasibility
4. Integrates software components into a fully functional software system
5. Help to develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
6. Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments
7. Helps to prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
8. Improves operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures
9. Updates own job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
10. Protects operations by keeping information confidential
11. Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
12. Helps to support and develop software engineers by providing advice and coaching
13. Develops and directs software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation
14. Determine system performance standards.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Following experience and qualifications are required for this position:
1. Bachelor Degree (BSc) in software engineering, computer science or related fields with solid foundation in software systems development, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and human centered design
2. At least 4 years of professional work experience in software engineering
3. Deep technical knowledge of enterprise systems engineering
4. Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
5. Experience with test-driven development
6. Technical coding skills with Python, C# asp.net, SQL server, Java, HTML5 and web technologies